19: what have you done to me?

CHAPTER NINETEEN ; THE FIRST ONE HE RISKS IT ALL FOR

"Nope, she's not here," Xinyu shook her head, causing Jaeyun to furrow his eyebrows

"Nope, she's not here," Xinyu shook her head, causing Jaeyun to furrow his eyebrows. He looked over her shoulder just to confirm it, but Xinyu blocked him. "I'm serious, Jaeyun. She isn't here, and we're currently in a game right now, so you coming here and disrupting practice isn't a good look for you. She already left."

"Do you know where she went?"

"I can't tell you that," Xinyu shook her head, but Jaeyun pleaded with his eyes. "Seriously. Get lost. If you want to see her so much, how about you just text her yourself and ask if you guys can meet up?"

"You think I haven't tried, Xinyu?" Jaeyun groaned, rubbing his face. "She hasn't been picking up my calls or texting me back. Nobody's telling me where she is and why she left. I just want answers, and if I fucked up somehow, then at least like to know what I did."

Xinyu pursed her lips in distaste. "You've been fucking up a lot of things recently, Jaeyun, haven't you?" She asked. "And I'm not saying this because I have an idea of what you did–in fact, almost nobody fucking knows why she's been leaving early. But, do you not have any clue what you did to her that made her leave?"

Jaeyun tried to remember. He searched the back of his brain for things he might've said during every conversation they had, but none could really point to why she'd leave the game. "Hey, Xinyu, what's taking you so long–oh, Jaeyun," Natty fixed her helmet on her head, staring up at him. "What are you doing here? Sowon's not here."

"I told him that," Xinyu sighed. "Sowon's gone MIA on him, so he's looking for answers."

"Well," Natty grinned. "Have you tried–"

"Yes. I've tried her middle school ice skating rink, her house, this ice skating rink, the cafe you told me to buy the food from, and the park by her house," Jaeyun said, spooking the two ice hockey players. "I've tried everything, and I'm getting desperate. I want to speak to her."

Natty felt bad for him, but she had a sense that he deserved it. "You weren't like this when we were dating–I guess you cherish her a lot, right?" Jaeyun couldn't respond. "If she comes to practice tomorrow, I'll text you."