The Ocean

Best to be read while listening to Burnt Umber by Roger Eno ( https://youtu.be/q5sQSnnJ6hI?si=xY1Cw6SZ4am0gXq2 )

Another step made towards the water that frightens every cell of my own being. The feeling of the wet sand under my feet. Sound of the waves, calming and disturbing at the same time. The fact that something so enormous, horrific, and mesmerizing exists puts a question, what could be in the deepest point of it.

The ocean. Dark, cold ocean. The strength, so huge to destroy cities in minutes. Could it destroy... me? Could it destroy my self hate? Could it destroy my mind that keeps me from smiling?

Another step made, the freezing water hits my tibias as if it was a solid ice blade. My body shivers with the storm above.

Lightning strikes with a deafening sound, but it doesn't bother me.

Waves of icy water hit my hips, which are not able to move as well as they used to because of the cold. Cavernous depths call me. I belong with them now.

Ice cold water is now up to my neck. It paralyses my movements. The profound wave that was approaching my small powerless self, my nothingness, was too great for me to even grasp the idea of its power before it fell over me. All I knew then was that there was no me anymore. It's the ocean.