The only chapter

It was midnight, a dreary one. I was lost and needed to find my way home. Why was I out so late? I had a sudden urge for an adventure. I must have been getting close to to a road, for I heard a bike swiftly moving on the gravel. I ran to the sound, "Hello?" I had to get their attention. The bike stopped and he offered me a ride. I know I shouldn't be talking to strangers let alone allow them to take me somewhere, but I trusted him. Somehow I knew he wasn't a bad person. We arrived at this house, he had called it The House of Usher, it was old and I swear it was falling. He showed me around the house, he then shared with me one of his reoccurring dreams. He called it Masque of the Red Death.  Eventually he admitted the was in fact his house and asked me to stay the night. Letting me know that we would be on opposite sides of the house and he would respect me if I stayed or if I left. I stayed, I still trusted him. Also, when I looked outside it was as dark as a Ravens feathers.

I woke up with a jolt, I looked around and saw nothing that would've caused me to jolt. I assume I had a nightmare. The sun was just getting up as well, so I figured it couldn't be to early but rather just on time. I heard a faint knock on the door, upon which I found the man, who's name is still unknown to me, and he asked me " Will you be my bae?" I didn't answer instead I walked down stairs to find something to eat. After we ate he told me his name, his name was Edger Allen Poe. He claimed he wrote stories, which I believed but they were so dark, I could never have this man be my bae. After eating he took me home. As we got to my house he asked once again, " Will you be my bae?" I had my answer.

I walked into my house, turned around.

The last word out of my mouth.

Nevermore.