🔮~ To Know You ~💞

A/N: This is a teaser for "More Than Fate" Chapter 10: To Know You. Don't read this teaser if you aren't fully caught up on the current "More Than Fate" chapters & the previous chapters of this book. Happy reading!💖🦋

~ ~ ~

Kenzie's POV

"–enzie. Kenzie, can you hear me?"

I snapped back to the present, accidentally knocking Ally's hand off my shoulder as I tried to reorient myself. "Y-yeah, I can hear you, Ally. I just, um, I'm sor–"

"No, Kenz. No more apologies; not when you haven't done anything wrong," Alice cut me off, shaking her head firmly as she fixed me with a look that radiated love, exasperation, and concern all at the same time. "Here, sit down," she said, pulling out one of the chairs for me.

Once I was seated at the table, she nodded, "We're taking a break from the tour. Do you want something to drink?"

I almost protested, but thought better of it. She has every right to be concerned, and it would do me some good to take five. "Yes, please."

"Alright, do you want me to grab anything else?"

"My sketchbook, if it isn't too much trouble. I put it in the back pocket of my bag, closest to the straps."

"Roger that. I'll be back soon," she saluted, skipping out of the room.

I sat back in my chair, focusing on my breathing and the little noises around the house; Esme humming something a room or two over, footsteps and shuffling downstairs, and light clicking noises on the staircase. In for four, out for five. In for five, out for four. In for three, out for four.

I tapped my fingers against each other in a ¾ rhythm and focused on the floral carving of the chair across from me. "How's the tour going?"

To be continued...

~ ~ ~

Our sweet girl with her heart of gold and angel's touch. The stars are nearly aligned above, giving light to the moon who sees so much.

Within a haven, a lighter tone. Is everything truly set in stone?

Where mischief thrives and laughter rings, rest here, dear fate. Enjoy these little things.

The lights shine bright and true with the sky painted sapphire blue. With this last coin, I cast my wish like candy to a dish, to know you.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Ta-da; that was my first-ever chapter teaser!🩵🦋

Questions of the Day-

~What are your final thoughts on this teaser?

~Are you excited to see more teasers for future chapters?

~Did the teaser build up more intrigue for Chapter 10 and/or the other chapters to come?

~Love, Sunset