Unexpected Heist

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved 2024

_______________________________________________________________________

"Queen, can you send me the code via morse on this vault?"

whispering on the radio, making sure that my actions are vivid and light.

"Can you wait for 2 minutes, Ley? I am still cracking it"

as Queen's computer decodes, our heartbeats hasten. Ganito pala maging magnanakaw

"I'm almost done, were getting the money here Queen."

It was a successful haste, 2.3 mil stolen from a local bank. it was all over the news and we couldn't care less. The haste was flawless, it was executed properly, thanks to my best partner in crime, Queen Vaile.

"hah! How should we split the money?" Queen exclaimed

"Same shit, 30-70. You get 70, Ill get 30. I only did the pattern you made so the haste was successful." I answered

"So I'll take, uhm..--"

"Ill take take P694,200, you'll take P1,619,800." I cut her out.

"Oo na! math Genius kana, heeh!" pang asar nyang ganti.

We were splitting the money and went on our separate ways, lying low for the mean time. I am working an office job, showing no potential for me to not raise suspicions. I deposit all of my money from my 6-5 job on my sister's account to support her college to make sure that I am not showing a lot of money, to stay low from the authorities.

My sister doesn't know anything that I am doing this. This is something I am good at, this is something I can be unstoppable. Or so I thought.

After 3 months, we went to another haste. Base on Queen's database, Its a big one, almost 10 mil. Pretty big for small timers like us so we prepared.

"Sabi dito, ang daan is the Second vent Room 4 para ma access ang control room."

The bank has 4 major spaces. The reception/lounge area, Transaction room, manager's office and the Vault. As simple as that. There are 3 guards outside but the insides are free from human security. Queen is an expert of hijacking security features. She can hijack even the security system of the national bank. But that's too much of a big fish for us.

We started the heist, I entered the vents leading to the target location with the assistance of Queen

"Please be guided, CCTV's on the area are dead, but somehow I can't gain access to them. There's a possibility that they already noticed that we're robbing them. u sure you want to continue?" Queen stated

" What does your guts tells you?" I asked

I can hear Queen sighing in disbelief, giving me a sign to continue. I know she's smiling behind those headphones. I continue to push through the vents and reach my destination. Carefully, I went down the vents and reached my flashlight

not until...

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!"

"TURN AROUND AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK"!

It's a set up

"Ley What's happening?! Answer me! "

I didn't answered, instead I created a morse code saying to cut off our line instead so that she wont be tracked. I told her to leave and don't turn back. All I can hear is her muffled crying on the other line preparing to leave me behind