Little Miss Teacher

Here we go again, listening to these lectures I don't even want to listen

"Why did I even took this course again?" I muttered while writing random stuffs on my sketchpad

"You know we can Hear you miss Young, right?" my professor responded.

I didn't expect my thoughts would manifest to my voice, so I said sorry and continue my business on writing small poetries.

"Roses are red, violets are blue,
as far as the world see, its always going to be you"

random. Just random

'Probably I just miss your presence'

I prepared my stuffs as I walked out the class room, on my way to a job where the night becomes the day vise versa.

'when will I ever see you again?'

so is this what they called love? you can wait for an eternity to feel his presence again? it's been 6 months.

"Hi my name is Liz, am I speaking with Mr.--" the line cut off, the customer hung up. I'm thankful for this job, but it's frustrating most of the times. Can't complain now can I? It's the only thing that helps me financially strive.

it's been a year, since you left, visited back 6 months ago, you promised to be back, but you're nowhere to be found.

'Babe, nasasanay na ko, please come back'

As I cry on my sleep, thoughts are killing me thinking that you may be seeing another woman, overthinking that you might fall for someone from your circle, bothered that you are surrounded by women as your friends. it hurts but I just can't let you go, I love you too much to let go.

kain nalang tayo kwek kwek? takteng buhay to. Luckily, there's a street vendor near our office, we usually get lunch from their stall.

continuing the day with a very tiring frustration and a sleepless body, I have to continue until I see my baby.

It's been a year since I was working on this company. I am as deligent as I was, still at the top of my game in this industry. I was excited as I was about to be promoted as a supervisor anytime soon.

"Liz! pinapatawag ka ng management, they have some announcement daw to make" my Supervisor called from our work group chat

The nervousness immediately invaded my body, I don't wanted to assume but I was excited that this must be it!

"I will be right there TL, just going to wrap up some things" I replied

I went immediately to our management's department, it is in the second floor of our building, habang nasa elevator ako, kinakabahan ako. I mean, whu wouldn't I? this is the first time I'd be called from the upper management.

I arrived at the place, standing on a brown double wooden door, stiff as a stick. I was about to knock but it opened beforehand, there I was welcomed with a very pressuring atmosphere where you can feel that everything is heavy, as if one wrong move and I will be judge.

'this feels like my final demo during field study'

"Hello, Miss Lizel Young, we were expecting you." A tall, middle aged woman greeted me with a smile. She was wearing a maroon dress with a bright red heels and a bright red lipstick pared with her red glasses. Her complexion was fair white, matching with her black thick hair that was bunned. She reeks authority.

"I'm Chin Ramirez, I am the head of the HR department and you were called to answer some questions regarding a certain event that happened around, 6 months ago?" She said

I was dumbfounded, what is she talking about? my shortass self was trembling since I dont know where this will go, if things go south for me, I don't know what I'll do.

"Do you know Mr. Benjamin Davis?"

I was stunned, as she was calling the name of my boyfriend. As I remembered, the last time I saw him was 6 months ago, He did came into our office to pick me up but he came from the elevator. Meaning he went elsewhere before picking me up. We went to an expensive date after that and we slept to a hotel at baguio that's famous for their sunflower fields.

I nodded to Mrs. Chin, giving the assurance that we know each other, I told them why we met, what we do and when it happened.

"Thank you so much Miss Liz for sharing your side. However, it didn't connect with what we have here" showing a pile of papers in her desk