The Spirit World

"I'll miss you (Y/n), your best friend Rumi." She said as she read the card her best friend had given her before she left. They had also given her some flowers. "(Y/n), (Y/n), we're almost there." Akio said. "This really is in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to have to go to the next town to shop." Yuuko said. "We'll just have to learn to like it." (Y/n) turned to look at him. "Look, (Y/n)! There's your new school. Looks great, doesn't it?" Akio asked. "It doesn't look so bad."

Yuuko said. (Y/n) slowly lifted herself up from lying down on the car seats and looked out the window. She stuck her tongue out and laid back down. "It's gonna stink. I liked my old school." She gasped and ran up to them. "Mom! My flowers are dying!" She shouted. "I told you not to smother them like that. We'll put them in water when we get to our new home." Yuuko said. "I finally get a bouquet and it's a goodbye present. That's depressing." (Y/n) went back to her seat. "Daddy bought you a rose for your birthday. Don't you remember?" Yuuko asked. "Yeah, one. Just one rose isn't a bouquet." Yuuko handed (Y/n) the card. "Hold onto your card, I'm opening the window. And quit whining. It's fun to move to a new place. It's an adventure." (Y/n) looked out the window. Soon they came to a dark entrance into the woods. "Wait. Did I take a wrong turn?" Akio asked. "This can't be right." "Look, there's our house!" Yuuko said. "Huh?" He asked as he turned to look.

"It's that blue one on the end." (Y/n) looked out the window to see it. "Oh, you're right. I must have missed the turnoff." Akio said. "This road should get us there." "Honey, don't take a shortcut you always get us lost." Yuuko said. "Trust me, it's gonna work." He began to drive again. "What are those stones? They look like little houses." Chihiro asked. "They're shrines. Some people think little spirits live there." Yuuko said. "Dad, I think we're lost." Chihiro said. "We're fine. Ive got four wheel drive." (Y/n) gasped as the car bumped. "Sit down please, sweetie."

Akio began to speed up and (Y/n) gasped and fell back onto the back seats. She looked out the window and noticed a giant statue and turned to look at it. She gasped as the car began driving faster. "Honey, honey! Honey! Slow down! You're gonna kill us!" Yuuko shouted. Akio gasped. "What's that?" He suddenly stopped the car as another statue stood in front of it.

He got out of the car. "What's this old building?" Yuuko asked. "It looks like an entrance." Akio said. "Honey, get back in the car! We're going to be late!" (Y/n) and her sister opened the car door and walked out. "Girls." Their mother scolded. They ran toward him. "Oh, for heaven's sake." "This building's not old, it's fake. These stones are just made of plaster." (Y/n) gasped as a soft breeze blew past. "The wind's pulling us in." Yuuko walked over. "What is it?" "Come on, let's go in. I wanna see what's on the other side." Akio said.

"I'm not going! It gives me the creeps!" (Y/n) said. "Don't be such a scaredy cat, (Y/n). Let's just take a look." Akio said. "The movers will get to our house before we do." Yuuko said. "It's all right, they've got the keys. They can start without us." Akio said. "All right. Just a quick look." Yuuko said. "Forget it! I'm not going!" (Y/n) and her sister quickly ran back toward the car. "Come on you guys! Let's get out of here!" Chihiro shouted. "Come on, honeys. It will be fun." Akio said. "We're not going!" (Y/n) looked to the small statue beside her. She gasped as she saw them walking away. "Girls, just wait in the car then." Yuuko said. "But mom!" Chihiro protested. (Y/n) looked at the statue again. "Wait for us!" She shouted as they ran after them. "Everybody watch your step." (Y/n) clung to her mother's arm.

"(Y/n) don't cling like that you'll make me trip." She and Chihiro continued to hold her arm as the four of them walked through the dark tunnel. They looked around the old church building once they walked further inside. "What is this place?" Chihiro asked. Yuuko put a hand to her ear. "Huh. Hear that?" (Y/n) tried to listen. She heard the sound of water dropping, then she heard it. The sound of a train. "It sounds like a train!" She said. "There must be a train station." Yuuko said.