🍷🌻Horse Race🌻🍷

Eshani 

I shuffled my face into the soft cushion as the light approached me, the fragrance of sandalwood engulfed me. Kicking the bedsheet that was covering me, sharp air poked me on my half naked body. 

I sniffed on the big sleeves of my dress- it wasn't the dress I was wearing and it was smelling like sandalwood. 

Slow realization hit me and I opened my eyes to see a pool of dark eyes already pinned on me. his elbow was supporting his face. He was not wearing anything around his torso because I was the one wearing his crimson kurta. 

It was thin and loose on me. 

I couldn't move my gaze away from him. His other hand was placed on the curve of my hip- secure and possessive which made me feel warm. 

"Good morning" I whisper, the heat of my whole body radiates toward cheeks as he keep flicking his vision from my left eye to right. 

For some reason I felt normal. A normal woman waking up next to her love as he is staring her as his whole life is dependent on her. 

But we are not normal. He is going to be a King and me... well I am just Eshani. 

His lips pressed on my forehead and a dark selfish corner in me wished we could wake up like this everyday. 

Why would I wish something like that? 

"Good morning Eshani." He rasp and a smile occurs on my face. 

So this is how Agastya looks in the morning, his guard a bit down, eyes drowsy, his lazy thick voice and the perfect view of abs. 

Today is his horse riding competition and we were invited in the fields. 

He drew lazy circles around my hip as he wanted to preserve the moment longer. "We should go." I look up at him like a small puppy, my voice thin. 

"Mhm, I now." He pulls me closer, a hint of vulnerability in his eyes. I don't press him to leave anymore. 

We stay like this for a moment.  I could sense something heavy in his chest, the way his breathing is and how quiet it is around us. Silence is comfortable when it comes to him and me but right now it feels like something happened. 

"Agastya" He looked down as I sit up. "What happened." I traced my fingers on his face, as soft as I could. He closed his eyes. 

"I saw- leave it." He proceed to stand but I held his hand, he looked at our tangled fingers and then at me. After analyzing my face he sat again beside me. "After putting you to bed, I was looking for the painting of my mother and father. I found them but-" 

He paused and it killed me. 

"They have burned the painting and only their eyes were left in that painting." 

My heart sank and tore into pieces. 

He stared at the wall in front of him. "It was my last hope to see them together, the portrait that they would have gotten painted when they were married. I would have recreated it and preserved it." 

I reached for his head and placed it on my chest, he twirled his arms around my waist. I placed my chin on his head, my fingers massaging his head. He dig his nails into my back and I arch closer.