𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Author's note: Forgive me cause I couldn't write a long chapter, been on my toes for the past two days and I'm sleep deprived as hell, so I promise the next one will be longer once I catch up on some sleep-something I'm in dire need of.

" At this point I'm convinced you chose to run away with her because you're in love with her."

" Have you-are you even hearing yourself? What's it with you? Kuch...kuch bhi badbada jaa raha hai!" He stammered.

" Bhai, aankhon pe kaunsi patti baandh rakhi hai? Everyone sees the way you look at her, have you even spared any girl who's not Sara a mere glance unless really required?"

That shut him up, his thoughts overtaking.

" Shubman...you don't realise it do you?" Ishan's voice softened, an amused lilt in his voice and Shubman stubbornly shook his head.

" Ishan, you're overthinking this. She's truly special, but....but...not that way."

" What way then?"

Shubman quietened down again, having no appropriate answer to his question.

What way?

Friends?

He couldn't call it that.

They weren't friends.

They'd either be friendly, vulnerable and chaotic, or bickering and annoying.

It was neither friendship, nor enmity.

Enmity was something Abhay and Niha had.

Constantly at each other's throats, mocking each other, on the verge of either murdering one another, or making out.

What he had with Sara was just...there...in the middle, yet, special.

" She's just...Arjun's sister." Shubman made a weak attempt to retort and Ishan snorted.

" Komal Di is also Abhay's sister. Your bond with her isn't 'special' in that sense is it?" He enunciated special deliberately and Shubman sighed, Komal, for him, was what Shahneel was.

An older sister.

But Sara?

She'd been Arjun's sister and Shahneel's best-friend, but he'd never looked at her as a sister.

Aditi's voice chimed over the other line, snapping him out of his thoughts.

" Shubman, have you really no feelings for her?"

" I...I don't know." He admitted, a twinge of exasperation in his voice, unable to understand the turmoil of thoughts.

He simply didn't get what made Ishan emphasise on this so much.

Was it really so important?

" You're confused." Aditi concluded.
" About your feelings. And you don't understand what to do with them. You've never felt this way before, so it makes you wonder all the more, am I overthinking this? Is it just a phase?" She added softly.