1. The Amulet of Twilight

Y/n groaned in annoyance as his alarm blared. He smacked it and got out of bed, glancing at his phone. Seeing he was almost late, he rushed to brush his teeth. Throwing on a simple, form-fitting white T-shirt with a black jacket and jeans, he completed the look with black shoes.

He heard banging on his door. When he opened it, he saw Jim and Toby on their bikes, standing there out of breath.

Jim: "We... We're late," he said, catching his breath.

Y/n: "I can see that, genius. Come on." He grabbed his backpack and headed to the garage, revealing his bike. Hopping on, they all took off toward the school.

Toby: "We're going to get suspended... on account of meatloaf!"

Jim: "Take the canal, Tobes. It'll save us five minutes!" Jim turned to an auxiliary road.

They sped up and took a right, heading toward the canal.

Toby: "N... N... Not... the... canal!" he groaned, reluctantly following Y/n and Jim.

Y/n: "Oh, stop being a big baby."

Jim: "Y/n's right. Live a little."

They continued down the path and jumped into the canal but came to an abrupt stop.

Y/n went a little farther before stopping, turning to them with visible irritation.

Y/n: "Oi! What are you stopping for? If we don't get to school, we'll be late!" He noticed Jim and Toby staring at a pile of rocks.

Jim: "Y/n, wait. Do you hear that?" Jim asked as they listened.

Bell: RINNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

They jumped in surprise as Toby and Jim rushed back to their bikes, speeding toward school.

Jim: "Oh, final bell."

Y/n: "Goddamn it, I told you."

Toby: "Oh man, we're gonna be so late, our kids are going to have detention."

Later, in class, Y/n was slowly falling asleep in Mr. Strickler's class. Toby was searching for "talking amulets," and Jim was staring at Claire like a creep.

Strickler: "The Peloponnesian War was actually three wars, fought between Athens and Sparta. The first war is known as the Archidamian War." He walked around the classroom. "Type that into your search engines. A-R-C-H-I-D-A-M-I-A-N."

Strickler quickly noticed Jim's daydreaming and Y/n slowly falling asleep.

Strickler: "Jim, Y/n, would you agree?" he asked, but got no response from Y/n.

Jim: "Sir?"

Strickler: "With Herodotus' opinion on the tactics of war, as I've described?"

Jim: "Absolutely!"

Strickler: "Excellent. And which tactic specifically?" he pressed, but Jim struggled to answer.

Jim: "Uhh... the winning ones?" he said, prompting the class to laugh, except for Toby, Claire, and Y/n.

Strickler: "And Y/n, how about you?" He slapped his ruler on the table to wake Y/n.

Y/n: "Huh? Oh yeah, I do, in the Persian Wars, the Greeks used several clever tactics to win despite being outnumbered. They often fought in a phalanx formation, a tight group of soldiers with shields and spears, like at Marathon. They used the terrain to their advantage, as seen at Thermopylae and the straits of Salamis during a naval battle. The Greeks were experts in naval warfare, using smaller, faster ships to outmaneuver the Persians. Meanwhile, the Persians relied on massive armies and cavalry, but struggled with coordination and overconfidence. Herodotus admired the Greeks' bravery and tactics, seeing the conflict as a fight for freedom against tyranny, although he acknowledged the power and resources of the Persian Empire."

Strickler was surprised but quickly composed himself.

After class, Strickler pulled Jim aside for a conversation.

Later, Y/n, Toby, and Jim were in gym class. Y/n climbed to the top of the rope and landed in a backflip. He looked over at Toby, who was barely holding on to the rope.

Jim: "Come on, Tobes, you can do it!" Jim encouraged.

Y/n: "Think of a big black man chasing you!" Y/n teased, hoping to motivate Toby, but Toby just fell to the ground.

Jim: "So close!"

Y/n: "At least he's not racist," Y/n said offhandedly.

Coach " Lawrence: What is that on my rope? Every student here should be able to climb this rope and ring that bell. I want all of you to be made of iron. Iron! You have got to be kidding me."

Y/n noticed that Jim was Gone from where he was standing, he Looked around and Saw Him Heading Towards Claire, he sighed to himself before walking over and overhearing most of Their Conversation.

In The Locker Room Y/n, Jim, and Toby Were Talking.

Toby: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So close! Ahhhhhhh! You talked to her?" He Asked Struggling to put his Sock on.

Jim: Yep

Y/n: He mean Actually Talked to her, and Not just Imagined it?

Jim: I Unleashed my Espanol on her.

Y/n: You know how Racist that Sounds Right. He Said but No one Paid any mind.

Toby: No you should Totally Do it.

Jim: What, The Play, I can't I'm not an Actor.

Y/n: and I doubt you know Anything about Romeo and Juliet, Plus there's a Kiss Scene, and I heard Steve was Trying to Audition for Romeo, like Imagine knowing Steve, Kissed The Girl I Liked, Couldn't be Me. Y/n said Nonchalantly Trying to Instigate Jim into Joing the Play.

Jim thought about it for a Minute, before his Face turned slightly Pissed which Caused a Slight glow to Come from Jim's Bag, that Y/n noticed before Jim Calmed Down and the Light Faded.

Toby: "Come on. You're always saying how you want your life to be more exciting. Right?" He said As he Fell.

Jim: "I don't think Romeo and Juliet is exactly the answer, Tobes. I don't mean just, you know, exciting. I mean... more. I just need to know that there's something more to life than high school"

Y/n: Well if you stopped Being so Awkward, Mabye you'd be Dating Claire, Mabye Not, but That's why We Take Chances.

-- End

A/n: I Hope You Like This Chapter,  if You Like It I'll Continue it and Post One or two every Two Days.