Chapter 12

N I A    R O S S I

⚠️: trigger warning.

"You wanted to see me?" I said in his doorway. I wiped away some of Amina's blood that got on my hands when I stabbed her and leaned against the door frame.

"Did she talk?" His back was facing mines and he was sniffing and making weird noises.

"No, I didn't really get a chance to talk to her because-" That's when he moved slightly to the side and I saw four lines of cocaine on his desk. "Are you... doing coke? Since when?"

"Since forever, Nia. That's none of your concern either." He says softly as he wipes away at his nose. "I called you in here to talk about your lady friend."

"I told you, I didn't get a chance to talk to her. You called me up before I could even get to work." I answered slowly. "She hasn't said much."

"Hm.. I should go down there and see her myself then." He says to himself and my eyes widen. Flashbacks of what I had to go through when he would come to the basement filled my mind and I didn't want that to happen to Amina.

"No need for that, I have it under control."

"Do you?" He side eyed me, taking another sniff of a line.

"Yes.. can you like.. stop doing that in front of me?" I said in disgust.

"Come here and try some." He says as he turns around. His eyes are bloodshot red and crazed. He's high as a damn kite.

"Excuse me?"

"Come here."

"No thanks." His head snaps towards me and he glared.

"I said come here." He points to the ground by his feet and I wrinkled my nose. Has he lost his mind?

When I didn't move, he strolled towards me and raised his hand. I saw it coming before I felt it. My head jerks to the right with a stinging sensation on my cheek from where he slapped me.

He'd hit me. Again.

He his eyes were wild and crazed. "Look what you just made me do!" He screamed at me like it was my fault. "I told you to come here! Why is it so hard for you to obey me?!"

I took a deep sigh through my nose as I held my cheek. My fist balled but I didn't dare move. "Do you even hear yourself?"

He growls and grabs me by the collar of my shirt. "You're starting to rub me the wrong way Nia." He spat.

I couldn't help it, I scoffed in his face. "You've been rubbing me wrong, husband."

He tosses me away from him, sending me flying towards his desk. My rib hits the corner of the wooden table and I hissed, stepping away from it like it burned me. I didn't have to check the probably already bruised skin because Sanders came at me again.

He grips my waist and I cried out when he tightened his hold on the bruise. "I've lost my patience with you." He grabbed me by the roots of my hair and swung me around. He moved me towards the lines of coke on the table and forces my head down. "Taste." He demands.

"No!" I screamed as I used all of my strength to move my head away.

He was growling like mad man and I didn't know why he was so suddenly aggressive with me. "Let me go!"

"I said taste it!" He screamed, sending a kick to my stomach and I doubled over. He bends down to my level with white residue on his fingers. He sticks the powder in my mouth and rubs it around my gums. I fight him off as best as I could but he held me down. "There we go baby.." he cooed disgustingly. "Let it hit you."

"Ugh!" I cried out, tasting the bitter residue on my teeth.

He grips my jaw and forces my head up. He smacks his lips into mines in a rough kiss and I kept my lips still. He growls and bites down on my bottom lip, drawing blood.

I tried to push him away and he sends a punch to my jaw and I flew my head back, hitting the wall. His hits hurt like a bitch but I wasn't about to let him get any satisfaction from seeing me in pain. He lunges towards me and I head butted him hard. He falls on his back and I grab a nearby vase and threw it at his head, knocking him out for the time being.

I was breathing rapidly trying to figure out what the hell just happened and why did it escalate so fast.

I stepped over him and walked out of his office slowly. My mind was frazzled as I unknowingly walked down the stairs of the basement. I felt sick to my stomach and my body was heated with anger.

I felt in a daze when I opened the door with force, scaring Amina. "Nia?"

"I'm getting you out of here." I said numbly.

She frowns and looks me over. "Are you okay ?" She asked as she looks at the bruising of my face.

"What do you think?" I narrowed my eyes. "Don't ask me stupid questions." I grabbed the previous blade I had used on her and cut the ropes.

She tries to stands but falters when the pain in her wound intensifies. "Shit!" She mumbled.

"I got you." I sniffed, wiping my nose.

My head was blank. I wasn't mad and I wasn't sad. I was numb and tired. So I didn't have any remorse when I shot down two guards who came towards the basement. I knew I was about to cause hell but I didn't care.

Sanders doesn't own me and I'm about to show him exactly that.