𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

NOTE: This is my first time writing an actual story like ever, so if there's any mistakes feel free to tell me bc I'm finally free from exams

¤▪︎~~~~▪︎¤

The streets of Neukölln were rough, cracked and unforgiving under the weight of Berlin's gray sky. Buildings, worn and tired, slumped together like forgotten memories of better days.

The narrow alleyways echoed with the distant sounds of cars and voices-faint reminders of a city that pulsed with life just beyond the fringes of this forgotten corner. But here, in one of Berlin's poorest areas, there was no life, no color, only the constant struggle to survive.

A girl of eight hurried through the streets, her small frame cloaked in a worn coat too big for her, hands stuffed into its pockets.

Her dark hair, untamed, fell in waves around her tired face, her eyes scanning the shadows as she moved. There was no time to stop, no time to think. She needed to get home.

Home-if you could call it that-was a cramped apartment she shared with six others: her grandparents, her parents, her six-year-old sister, and a baby brother born only seven months ago.

Life had always been hard, but here in this strange city, it felt unbearable. Her family, immigrants from South Asia, had come to Germany in search of something better.

Instead, they found poverty, isolation, and a city that swallowed their dreams whole. And the girl, barely a child, carried the weight of it all.

The constant stress of money, of making ends meet, was always thrown on her small shoulders, her innocence stolen by the relentless pressure of survival.

Violence was an ever-present shadow in her life-if not physical, then in the sharp words, the frustration, the anger that exploded in their tiny home.

Her parents fought often, their voices raised in desperation as bills piled up, as hunger gnawed at their stomachs. And somehow, it was always her fault.

Her parents allowed her to go to school, but she wasn't to come home until she brought some money with her.

Her mother wouldn't allow it, she said you were too young to be doing that, but her father was too persistent to get some extra money.

When her parents were working, she would have the responsibility as the oldest to took after everything, including her siblings, however they wouldn't make her job so easy.

If only she could do more, help more, be more. The responsibility hung around her neck like a chain, dragging her deeper into a world of suffering no child should know.

As she neared the building, a part of her wished she could keep walking, keep running, away from the misery that awaited her behind those thin walls. But she knew better. There was nowhere to run. Not for her.

This was her life now, and deep down, she feared it would never change. Moving to Germany was supposed to offer hope, a way out of the darkness that had consumed her family back home.

But in returning, they had only traded one kind of suffering for another. A new city, a new country-yet the same despair.

~𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖓𝖉.

¤▪︎~~~~▪︎¤