Christmas Time

It's Christmas time, and you and Ed have been together for a while. You're in your flat together packing a few things as you're visiting family for a few days. 'Hey Y/N, what do you think of this? I bought it as an early christmas present to myself' Ed giggles with a cheeky grin on his face. He olds a jumper up against him. It's the most hideous, cheesiest christmas jumper you've ever seen; but he clearly bought it as joke because he knows you won't like it. 'You're not even funny' you say trying hide the fact you're giggling. But, of course, Ed throws the jumper in his bag. You both finish packing and head to your car.

'So we're staying at your parents christmas eve and christmas morning, then my parents christmas evening and boxing day?' You ask, checking your plans for the next few days. 'Yep, just make sure you don't let my mum and dad force drinks down your throat. you know what they're like and you have to drive us to your parents after' Ed says while putting your bags in the boot 'as long as you dont let my mum feed you so much you feel sick'  you smile, climbing in to the car. You make the 2 hour trip to Ed's parents' house. Your greeted with open arms and you immediately feel at home.

You've always got on with Ed's parents and they loved having you visit. Ed takes your bags upstairs to his old room while you have a catch up with his parents. Later on in the evening,  you, Ed, his parents, his brother, and his brothers wife are around the kitchen table, drinks in hand, and monopoly board on the table. Ed has a big grin on his face, his dimples are showing, he clearly thinks he's won. But it's not christmas without a bit of magic, eh? Hours later the game finally ends, you win. Ed looks at you, gobsmacked. 'What? How? I was clearly winning!' ' Yeah well you shouldn't get cocky because this is what happens'  you smile trying to wind him up. He just smiles back at you and shakes his head.  Everyone else heads to bed so you and Ed are left to pack up the game, neither of you are tired so you decide to watch Goodfellas. You sit down on the sofa and Ed grabs a blanket, so you begin to watch the film a little drunk and cuddled up. Next thing you know, you're in bed and it's christmas morning, Ed's fast asleep next you holding your hand. 'I must've fallen asleep... I guess Ed carried me to bed' you think to yourself .Already, a great start to Christmas.