Chapter 1

It was an early Saturday morning. As usual I was going on a jog to clear my head and though I was exhausted, I didn't let that get in the way of my morning workout. Until my best friend, Cole stopped me unexpectedly...

"Oh! Angela! Hey! So glad I could catch up with you!"

"Well, I guess if I wasn't jogging at such a quick pace and not listening to music, full blast, I probably would've heard you calling for me and you definitely wouldn't be sweating as much as me." He rolled his eyes and continued to jog along next to me.

In case you didn't catch it the first time, my names Angela McCarthy. I'm a basic 34 year old woman. I like to convince myself that I stay in pretty good shape, considering I'm a single mom of two kids. I mean, you'd think I'd be wrinkly from stress and have gray hair but actually it's the opposite. I have light blonde hair and hazel eyes and I wouldn't say that I'm very tall unless you think 5'2 is tall. My hobbies and obsessions include, working out, spending time with my kids, hanging out with my best friend and roommate, Marisa and fangirling over the new kids on the block! Yeah, you heard me, I said the new kids on the block, I don't talk about it often but I've loved them since I was a small four year old girl in kindergarten. Joey McIntyre was and still is my favorite new kid on the block to this day. One of these days, I hope to be as lucky as some of the other fans that have had the opportunity to meet him. I'd do anything to have a conversation with him.

     "Ok, What'd you need to talk to me about, Cole?" I asked, placing a hand on the back of my neck, catching my breath after going for my daily run.

"Alright, so Marisa and I have been planning a surprise for you for a while now. I know how much you love surprises so if you really want to know what it is, head back to your apartment and Marisa will tell you." Cole teased. I hated when he did that. When he knew something I didn't, he always wanted to blurt out what it was but he was always told to keep it a secret so he'd make up these stupid teasers to get me excited. It always worked but I mostly preferred that he'd blurt it out, which wasn't very often at all unless it was something he was extremely excited for. But the fact that he didn't blurt anything out, tells me this surprise could suck.

--------------------

I jogged two miles back to my apartment where Marisa was sitting at the kitchen table on her laptop. She looked up from what she was typing but had a huge smile spread across her face.
"What are you up to, now?" I asked shooting her a look.
"What makes you think I'm up to something," Marisa asked. I gave her another look. "OK! Fine! Geez that look always gets to me, it's like your eyes are trying to burn through me... please... just never do that again." Marisa pleaded, rolling her eyes. I laughed at her reaction and stood closer to her.

"So, Our friend-a-versary is coming up and I've been trying to get this gift for you for three months because it sells out so fast, it's something you've dreamed of doing forever!" She got out of her chair and made her way to the kitchen counter where she grabbed an envelope and handed it to me.
"What is it?" I asked.
"That's the whole point of a surprise, Angela, now open it!" Marisa squealed in excitement. I ripped the envelope open carefully and slipped my hand inside, I grabbed what felt like two small pieces of paper and pulled it out. I noticed it looked like a ticket of sorts but I was so shocked just looking at it, I had no idea what I was holding! I finally brought myself to read what was written on the rectangular tickets only to find two words that actually got my attention. "NKOTB CRUISE."
"What do you think?" Marisa asked. I had no idea what to think. I was in a state of excitement, shock and guilt. I'm sure you could guess why I happened to be feeling excitement or shock but could you guess why I was feeling so guilty? I hadn't gotten her anything.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much, Marisa!" I exclaimed as I embraced her into a tight hug.
"Anytime, Angela!" She replied.
"I haven't gotten you anything, tell me what you want and I'll buy it for you, whatever it is you want, you can have." I insisted.
"All I want is your happiness because I just spent a thousand dollars on your butt, so you better make the most of it!" Marisa laughed. I smiled and hugged her once more.

--------------------

-DAYS LATER-

     "ANGELA! HURRY UP! WE GOTTA GO, OUR FLIGHT TAKES OFF IN AN HOUR!" Marisa warned standing at the bottom of the stairs as she yelled up to Angela who was putting the last few things that she needed into her bag.
     "IM COMIN' HOLD YOUR HORSES!" Angela called back down the stairs. She zipped up her carry on, picked up her suitcase and met Marisa at the bottom of the stairs by the door.
     "Ready to have the time of your life?" Marisa asked with a smile.
     "Never been more ready." Angela replied also with a smile as they made their way out the door to the airport.

--------------------

HEY GUYS! HOPE YOURE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR, AND THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING SO IF YOU LIKED THAT, STAY TUNED BECAUSE THERES MORE! I HAVE TO SAY, THIS STORY IS A FUN ONE TO WRITE! LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WHAT YALL THINK! AND IF YOURE INTERESTED IN A PART IN THE STORY LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! THANKS FOR READING, I'LL UPDATE AT 10 READS!