Prolouge

August 7, 2014
1:03 am

     Run, keep running, don't look back. I tell myself over and over again, only because I'm afraid, afraid to look back and see the mess I've made.  Did I really cause all this? Do I really deserve this?
These questions don't matter now. I have two options... Jump the man driving the red minivan 100 feet ahead of me, or purposely get caught by the police. There's a problem with stealing the car, this area is surrounded by people. I would be caught and sent to jail with even more time then before. I guess it's better then being killed by these men. I guess that leaves one other opt-...
Two other options, I decide, as I hear the train in the distance- 2000 feet away. I would have to find an opening on the train, and fast.
"Hey! Get back here!" The lunatic says from behind me.
"Great!" I yell glancing back towards the men, while still running for my life.
As I turn back to see what's ahead, I notice two men running towards me with loaded guns.
"Freeze!" One man yells.
Ya, right, I think to myself. My heart rate rising up like a cheetah, hunting for its prey. Just as the first shot is fired, I slam into the bakery on my left, smashing the glass. The commotion outside causes the men to lose sight of me. I run through the old kitchen and out into the back of the shop and leave. I hear the train again, drawing closer then before. Two minutes until the train is where I will be, if I'm correct.
When I finally see the tracks I run faster towards them, dodging cars and civilians in my path. With the train now in my sight, I speed up and start running right next to my last hope of escape. I manage to open a sliding door connected to a crate on the train, and just when I'm about to jump two shots are fired at me. One nearly missing my head, and another fired directly into my shoulder.
"Ahhh!" I scream in agony, while getting the wind knocked out of me. I force myself to forget about the pain, and run faster to catch back up with the train. Once more I plan to jump, this is my last chance, if I don't make this I already know I'm dead. I throw my body into the crate grabbing onto the wooden floor board for dear life. I manage to pull myself in and stand back up, and look back towards the men. I see one man throw his gun to the ground, while the other is on his phone, probably telling whoever is in charge I got away.
"Until next time," I say to myself... hoping there won't actually be one.

Finished a second edit, plan to do more. This occurs before the book actually takes place. Hope you like it:)