Prologue

Louis' POV.

High school sucks ass. And I bet most of the people in this school wish that they could suck mine. Forget that last part.

I don't understand why out of nowhere, we are forced to go to school to get an education. What the hell, maybe I wanted to be a duck.

And what's the point in going to school when the teachers are shit and the students are fake. Right now I am in my English class and the teacher, who's name I never bothered to learn, is teaching a boring ass lesson. I pull my phone out of my pocket as an attempt to entertain myself.

I send a message to my mate Zayn but he never replied. I huff in annoyance and put my head against my desk and decide that I will just take a nap.

But knowing my fucking luck, the teacher picks me out of all of the students, most likely because of my attempt of sleep, to take some kind of note or something to the office.

I stand and snatch the paper from his hand and drag my feet to the door and in the hallway. I walk as slow as I can get away with to not be questioned why I am not in class while staying out of class for as long as possible.

I walk through the office door and hand the note to the lady, who is very familiar since I am sent in here quite often, at the front desk. While I'm waiting for her to write a response to the note, a tall lad with super fucking curly hair and green eyes walks through the door. It's not a very big school and I don't recognize him so that must mean that he is new here.

Great, another idiot added with the rest.

He walks up to the front desk and the lady looks up from writing on the piece of paper that I handed to her. "Hello there Mr. Styles I will be with you in just a moment," she said politely.

She finishes what she was writing on the paper and hands it back to me. Just as I am about to turn around she calls out to me, "Louis?"

I turn around, "yes ma'am?" I question using my manners, which is quite rare but, Ms. Nat, that is what I call her because her name is Natalie, has been the only adult who treats me like they understand me. She is one of the only reasons that I put up with coming to this hell hole every day.

"Harry here is new and if I am correct you two share almost the same schedule. Would you mind showing him around today?"

I groan mentally. "No problem," I say stiffly and turn to walk out the door, not checking to see if Harry is following me.

I start down the hall hearing footsteps behind me. I walk a little further before turning to face him, "let me see your schedule."

He hands me the piece of paper with noticeably larger hands than my own. I see that Ms. Nat was in fact correct when she said we have almost the same schedule, the only difference being one class which is our maths class.

"We only have one class that is different from each other. I will still show you to the class I don't have. If you would like you could just hang around me for the day," I tell him trying to be on my best behavior, knowing that he will be going back to the office before he leaves and Ms. Nat will not doubt ask how his day was and if I was nice.

While we are on the way to English, the teacher's name I saw on Harry's paper is Mr. Silvers, I see trouble walking down the hall.

"Harry, walk on my right side. Now," I say forcefully. Cole Rider and his group of idiots are walking on the left side of the hall as we are on the right. I wouldn't wish any of the bullshit Cole forces upon me to anyone so that's why I told him to move. He listens but gives me a look of confusion.

"Well if it isn't Louis Twinklesion."

"Shut the hell up Rider," I spit out at him.

"Aw come on Tomlinson, it's just a joke. I thought you like those, you know, considering you put up flyers for the fags of the school with my number on it." He says with a playful tone but I can see the fire behind his eyes.

I may have put up flyers for 'Riders Ride of a Lifetime'. I had fun photoshoping his head on a scrawny male model that was wearing only Calvin Klein underwear. I may have taken it to far by putting something like 'call me when you're ready boys' and the bottom with his number which Zayn got from one of his other mates and gave to me.

I knew I was in a shit load of trouble, but luck is with me today as a teacher walks out of a room and turns to us.

"Why are you not in class?" She asks.

"I was just doing a teacher a favor." I said looking to make sure Harry is okay. Despite his height and size he seems to be really nervous right now. He nods to let me know that he is okay.

The teacher seems to see the tension and takes action. "Well get on with it." She looks to Cole and his group, "get to class before I give you all a detention."

I put my hand on Harry's back and nudge him forward then let it drop back to my side. Silence takes over us for a second or two then Harry speaks up.

"What was all that about?" He asks.

"That's Cole Rider. I would stay away from him if I were you."

"What was he talking about flyers for?"

I pull up a picture on my phone of one of the flyers I made. His eyes widen and he laughs. "This school may not be as bad as I thought," he says quietly.

Being the downer that I am, I can't let him get his hopes up. "Don't be so quick to judge."