Mall Changing Rooms

Hayden always hated shopping trips with her sister Clarke. They were okay at first but they seemed to never end. Clarke was growing impatient with Hayden and her whining so sent her to the coffee shop halfway through her trying on clothes in the shop opposite.

Hayden sipped gently on her coffee while watching all the people strolling past the shop window, the hot liquid ever so slightly burning her tongue sending a fiery sensation throughout her mouth, but she was too impatient to let it cool.

15 minutes had passed and Hayden had finished her coffee but there was no sign of Clarke. Hayden was hungry anyway so ordered herself a muffin to pass the time. It had now been 20 minutes since Hayden had left Clarke and she now had no coffee, no muffin and no patience left.

Hayden left a tip for the waitress and stormed out of the coffee shop in the direction of where Clarke was taking forever to try on stupid clothes. She crashed into passers-by on the way but didn't have the time or energy to apologise, instead she carried on, her feet making noises as they collided hard against the mall floor.

Hayden marched through the shop and into the changing section headed for the cubicle which she thought held her older sister. Hayden was sure this was where Clarke was changing when she told Hayden to 'piss off and get a coffee'.

She grabbed the curtain in an iron fist and pulled the material out of the way, thinking she would reveal Clarke who would hopefully be ready to go home. Instead Hayden was met with an unexpected surprise.

Clarke wasn't using this cubicle, it was that asshole Liam. Hayden was too shocked to move her arm and stood there, eyes wide and jaw practically hitting the floor.

'What are you doing?!" Liam called out.

'Oh my God, I- I'm sorry" Hayden stuttered and closed the curtain as quickly as she could. She felt her cheeks flushing red and was certain she was blushing more than Liam. Which was weird considering he was the one stood in front of her in nothing but his underwear.

Hayden hated to admit it but she couldn't help but take a look while she was stood in front of a half-naked Liam. He was always cute, but he never looked like that in middle school. His muscles were very defined and you could tell he worked out. He was attractive and there was no denying that. She replayed the moment over again, thinking about how his muscles flexed when he reached for clothes to cover up with. STOP IT. You hate him remember? Hayden thought to herself. Liam Dunbar was a stupid boy and she would not start falling for him. Not now, not ever. Yet she couldn't seem to get the image out of her head. The way his cheeks went slightly rosy as he used his shirt to cover up his crotch area. She laughed quietly. Maybe she could use this to get her vengeance...

Hayden decided it was best not to go bursting in to any more cubicles while people were changing so waited on one of the plush seats for Clarke to finish.

Liam emerged from behind the curtain, this time fully clothed. He made eye contact with Hayden and swiftly looked away, he was obviously embarrassed. Liam hated the fact that of all the people that could've walked in there it was Hayden Romero. Why did it have to be her that saw him in his underwear? He would never say it out loud but he was starting to feel something towards Hayden. He wasn't sure what it was, he always thought he'd hated her but...something was different now.

"Hey Liam", Hayden said smugly as he approached.

"Look Hayden I-", Liam started to speak but Hayden cut him off.

"I won't tell anyone"

"Thank you" Liam replied, grateful that this would never be brought up again.

"But only if you apologise for what you did in 6th grade" this was her chance to get back at him and she wasn't going to pass that up.

"Hayden, I'm sorry, I really am! It was an accident, I-"

"Yeah whatever, see you in school" Hayden smirked at him and walked off with Clarke who had just come out of the changing room.

"Who's that?" Clarke asked Hayden. "He's cute".

Hayden smiled to herself and replied, a slight chuckle in her voice.

"Yeah, he is".