1/1

"I'm sorry, Dee." Jiyong couldn't bear to look at the eyes of the woman he once loved with all he had. He couldn't bear to see the pain engraved in the depths of her eyes, reflected by the glistening tears threatening to fall. "I'm sorry, but... let's break up."

Napabalikwas ng bangon si Jiyong. He turned the lamp on his bedside table and saw that it was only 3:45 in the morning. Malalim siyang huminga bago muling nahiga. However, he's quite sure that he won't be able to go back to sleep anymore. He covered his eyes with his arm before sighing. Ilang araw na niyang paulit-ulit na napapanaginipan ang eksenang iyon. He doesn't know why, though. It's been four months, for Pete's sake! He did that because he thought that it was the best decision for the both of them.

Or was it really, Kwon?

Mariin niyang ipinikit ang mga mata niya atsaka ito kinusot. Dara and him had been dating for almost two years when he decided to break up with her. Sa paningin niya ay hindi na healthy ang relasyon nila. You see, the thing is that when Park Sandara loves... she loves with all her heart. She will love you until her ruins. She will give you the chance to destroy every inch of her being to smithereens; love you until there's nothing left of her. And yet despite all of the things you fucked up, she will still be that little ball of sunshine ready to face another day.

And Jiyong hated it. At least, he thought he did. Nagsawa na siya. It was as if Dara posed no more challenge for him. Don't get him wrong, he did appreciate everything she did for him. It was just that the sparks he once felt with her were suddenly banished someplace else... somewhere he couldn't reach. That was the end of his line. Simula noon ay unti-unti na siyang naging malamig sa relasyon nila. Still, Dara persevered. Parati pa rin niyang iniintindi si Jiyong, until it got to the point that he couldn't wait anymore for her to break it up with him. He confronted her.

-Flashback-

"Dara, look, can't you take a hint?" Frustrated na tanong ni Jiyong sa babaeng nasa harap niya. He carded his fingers through his hair as he tried to school his expression. Ayaw niyang saktan ng sobra si Dara at para mangyari iyon, kailangan niyang huminahon.

Dara's eyes faltered but she masked it with a gentle smile. "Hint? About what?" She questioned, as if their impending break up was totally unimaginable, when in truth was that it was a long time coming.

Hindi alam ni Jiyong ang isasagot niya. How... just how could he possibly hurt this fragile girl who did nothing but to love him with everything she has left? Parang gusto na niyang umatras sa plano niya, but he strengthened his resolve. Malalim siyang huminga bago siya nakapagsalita.

"I'm sorry, Dee." Jiyong couldn't bear to look at the eyes of the woman he once loved with all he had. He couldn't bear to see the pain engraved in the depths of her eyes, reflected by the glistening tears threatening to fall. "I'm sorry, but... let's break up."

Dara blinked twice, thrice at him na para bang hindi ito makapaniwala sa mga salitang lumabas sa bibig niya. They sounded so foreign that the words didn't really register until it hit her. And it did hit hard. "Oh," she reacted. There was a resigned expression on her face as she bit her lip. Ilang beses muna siyang huminga ng malalim at nanginginig ang boses niya nang magsalita siya uli. "Hi–hindi na ba... talaga pwe–pwede?" She questioned, and Jiyong felt his heart break a little for the petite woman asking for his affection.

Hindi na niya napigilan ang sarili niya. He enveloped her in a tight embrace as she buried her face on his chest, crying profusely. Her tears were an ocean and Jiyong was drowning.

"I'm sorry," he whispered on her hair before kissing it gently. "I'm so, so sorry, Dara."

-End of Flashback-