Identity

Identity

The Fat Girl's Story

It was the last day of Summer, the day after would be a struggling day for Abby. She is a young teen on her Senior Year , a simple teen who prefers T-Shirts rather than sexy blouses with plunging necklines. Abby is a girl who would never trade her precious sneakers over high-heeled shoes. In her face, innocence and purity reflects. However, she lives a life with a vague identity. A life different from others, a life far from normal teens. She's F.A.T, totally fat, and that explains it.

And in order to enjoy her last day, she went for a walk in the plaza.

"Ting! Ting! Ting! " she heard the ringing of the dirty ice cream's bell.

With that she went directly to the ice cream vendor and asked for 3 servings of ice cream. When she finished eating the ice cream, the feeling of satisfaction and contentment faded. She can't refrain herself from thinking what would happen tomorrow, maybe for ordinary teens first day of school is exciting , but for Abby it is way too different.

After dinner with her parents and little sister , Abby went to her room and she then talked to her bestfriend. Her Diary....... Her only friend.

"Dear Chubby Diary ,

I went out for a walk today , ate my favorite dirty ice cream , but it did not erase my fear for tomorrow. Urghhhh ! I hate it.. Wish me luck I guess. Talk to you soon :[ "

LoveLove,

Chubby Abby

Then the morning came, its first day of school, a day where friends reunite but for Abby ? It's just an ordinary day. As she prepares herself for school, she looked one last time at the mirror. She stared at girl with eyes as lonely as the gray sky. It was exactly 7:30 in the morning when her Father dropped her for school. Still wearing a blank expression on her face, she proceeded to the school's bulletin with a bunch of students all over it. And for the first time she felt advantaged with her body . At last! she found her name on the list. Section A , yet it didn't made her smile , for she knew there goes that guy.

Right when Abby entered the classroom, she heard that voice of the guy who acts like a demigod, which she hated 7th Grade. She can't forget how she ended up hating the guy. It was back in 7th Grade, First day of school when Abby accidentally tripped along the lobby. And then the voice of Austin enveloped the whole place ... "There goes the FAT girl! getting bigger every day I see "with a boisterous laugh and dog-like grin stapled on his face.

" BLAAAG! " sound of falling books that made Abby snapped back into reality. Time for her to stop wasting her time thinking about what happened before. The day ended with an activity , an activity which would be the start of something for Abby.

"Okay , I will be pairing you for this activity .It's what you call – Know You More , for 1 week you will be with your partner every vacant time and list down 10 things about your partner...... "

And there goes Jani , a cool teen who acts tough and is well loved by everybody. Though Abby was a little nervous with the set up , still she approached her to discuss the activity. Her partner sat with feet above the desk .. And on top of it , she said nothing and did nothing but chew her bubble gum. Abby just gave her number to Jani for emergency meeting purposes.

The next day, Abby started to reach out to Jani after class . Fortunately they live on the same village, she didn't even know. And since their village is a walking distance from school , Abby suggested to Jani that starting that day they will go home together. And the latter agreed, along the way Abby tried to open up a conversation , never knew where she got her confidence. They talked about many things , basic informations first , but Abby knows that there 'Know You More' activity will be achieved in no time.

The same routine happens everyday, and the gray skies started to lighten up. They became friends , though they are the exact opposite of each other. Jani is loud while Abby is not. They don't even share the same interests and likings but still friendship blossomed. One time , Abby noticed that Jani acted differently , it seemed that she was a whole new Jani .. Tears were visible on her rosy cheeks , Abby tried to comfort her friend.

Then the latter told the story behind those tears. Jani told her that what she is when she's with Abby is the real Jani .. The Jani whose cool and outgoing was just a mask. A mask that would fit her to the judgmental world. And the reason why she cried it's because she wanted to free herself from pretensions . Abby never knew that behind the cool Jani resides a girl with vague identity .. She thought she was the only one who felt out of the league , well now she discovered she was not alone.

Abby never appreciated what she had , she felt like she never belong. She never tried to reach out to others because of the fear of not being accepted. She built a wall between her and the rest of the world , but now she wanted to free herself from insecurities and help the girl in the mirror. Abby freed herself from being imprisoned of that vague identity.. She knew better, and Jani made her realize that.

Jani transferred to another school, saying she wanted to start anew in a new environment. Their friendship lasted for one week but it seemed like they made great changes for each other. They stayed connected, making sure that no one gets the feeling of being left out . Abby may not be the typical teen with a petite body and group of friends but she is now open on the idea of reaching out. If before, she doesn't like going to school now it changed. She never saw that girl with lonely eyes again , instead she saw a girl with an identity . Maybe she's fat , but the world would not stop from spinning even if she's that way . With her profound identity , she faced the school year with a great smile on her face then she muttered " ... I found myself" ...