Love

"How can you let this silly little argument tear us apart?" she yelled.

"How can you call something like this little, Sara?! I'm done. I can't go through another fight with you again. We've had too many and I...I'm finding a place to stay for tonight."

She stood there dumbfounded that he was actually doing it. Sure they've had fights, but nothing compared to this one. Finance. How could something over money threaten to ruin their marriage of five years? Shouldn't love triumph over everything?

She saw him packing his clothes in a suitcase.

"David. Please don't." she pleaded quietly.

"I'm sorry Sara. But you're on your own." He shut the suitcase and then walked to the door. Grabbing his coat, he didn't even once look back.
~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•
It had been five days and every morning and night she would look out the window, hoping to see him.

"I'll never let you go." he promised.

She sighed. That had seemed forever ago and she wished they were back where to a time where they were happy. Together.

'How could you do this to me?' Sara thought, as she looked for him, knowing he wasn't coming home.
                 --------------------------
He slumped back on the lumpy mattress. So many thoughts were overwhelming him. He knew he shouldn't have just left. It wasn't all of Sara's fault. But why did this have happen to them? Why did they both have to lose their jobs, right when they were most desperate? Sara had always talked about God, always praying to Him.

Where is the God when we need him? David thought bitterly.

                  ------------------------
Sara kneeled near the bed and closed her eyes and started praying.

She wanted more than anything for David to see that nothing could tear them apart. That money was just an object and that you didn't need a lot of things to be happy and content. Love was a powerful emotion and feeling that could mend anything. They had each other and that was all they needed.

Getting up, she started searching for available jobs.
               -----------------------
The longer he stayed in that cheap motel room, the longer he was doubting himself. He had been too rash. He couldn't just run away from the problem. That wouldn't make it go away. He knew what he had to do.
~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•
The doorbell rang.

She opened it and to her surprise, she found David standing outside.

"Before you say anything, I have a lot I need to tell you." he started.

She gave him room to get in the house, and closed the door behind her. She sat across from him.

"Sara, I'm so sorry. I...I don't know why I let money come in between us. You are so much more important than anything in the world, and I'm sorry I was too blind to see that. Will you please forgive me?" he said, tears in his eyes.

"Of course. We don't need money to be happy. We are so much more fortunate than a lot of people. Sure it would be nice to have a little more money, but at least we're not homeless. And good news, I had found a job. A teaching job."

"You did? How did you find one so fast?"

"God heard my prayer. But I want to do something in return." she said.

"What? Anything."

"In addition to donating things for charity, I also want us to volunteer over the weekends and summers at the local orphanage."

He gave me a look of shock.

"But why?"

"We may say we are unfortunate, but in reality we are not. There are millions of people who would love to be in our position. We have a roof over our heads, food on our plates and we have each other. These kids, they have little to nothing. And they also don't have parents. They have a hard life. I was thinking maybe doing something good for someone would help strengthen our relationship and help others at the same time. So what do you say?"

He paused. "I think that is a great idea," he said giving her a kiss. "And I'm never letting go. Of you, our marriage. Us.

For the first time in months, they finally found happiness through their undying love.