-1-

"Are we there yet?" Phoebe said yet again from the back of the car.

"Almost." Avaya said from the drivers seat.

I picked my head up off the head rest and plugged my phone into the radio and started playing Hoodie Allen's song Eighteen Cool.

"YESSS!" Phoebe screamed as the song began. I turned the volume up all the way and we yelled along with the radio.

towards the middle of the song, we pulled into a parking space in front of our hotel and Avaya turned the car off and we all climbed out, grabbed our bags, and walked inside.

"Hi! Welcome, do you have a reservation?" the overly bubbly worker said.

"Yeah we do. It's under my name, Avaya Mills." Avaya said in an equally annoying tone and smiled at the worker.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the elevator with Phoebe and Avaya not too far behind me.

"OK, so we are on the eighth floor in room 617." Avaya said, "Natalie are you even excited to be here?" she asked me as i unlocked the door to our room.

"Yeah, of course I am." I began, "I'm just in the need of some caffeine."

"There's a Starbucks right on the corner of the next street, we could go and get some." Phoebe responded.

"That sounds great to me." I said.

We unpacked all of our clothes into the closet and dresser and grabbed some money.

"I love big cities," Phoebe said as we walked down the sidewalk. She was the overly optimistic person of our group. Basically the complete opposite of me. Avaya calls me the person who never gets of her phone and doesn't talk to anyone outside of our little group of three. And that leaves Avaya as the controlling organizational freak.

"Natalie..?" Avaya snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Are you there?"

"What? Yeah, sorry."

"I asked you if you knew who is going to be at Soldier Field tonight."

"Who?"

"None other than Hoodie Allen. Our all time favorite singer for as long as we can even remember and we do not even have tickets. How depressing is that?" Phoebe quickly told me.

"Are you fucking serious? You're joking aren't you. God this isn't funny Phoebe."

"Natalie this is not a joke." Avaya said after she ordered her drink.

I didn't know what to say, so I just ordered my drink and we walked outside in silence.

"I can't fucking believe this happened!" Avaya yelled as she stopped walking in the middle of the sidewalk. "I am the most organized person ever. How did this one measly detail of a concert pass by me?!"

"Avaya calm down." I said as I pulled her over to the building on the side of the sidewalk. "It's not all your fault. Phoebe and I were planning this trip just as much as you were."

"Well i actually didn't do much." Phoebe said causing us to chuckle lightly.

"I guess you're right... It's just really upsetting.."

"Yeah, but it's ok, we can still have a fun and exciting first night in Chicago, right?"

"Of course we can. Let me look for a good restaurant for dinner."

We started walking again as we drank our coffee and I eventually became lost in my thoughts. We walked past a dark alley and i looked inside out of pure curiosity, when an arm pulled me in towards him.

----------
ok i know this kinda sucks and could end up as a pretty cliche story, but im kinda excited to write this but idrk. the chapters will eventually get longer and have better quality (i hope) but i apologize if this sucks. Thanks for reading this story:) ily guys

-katherine