00.

Slow, creaking sounds produced by our little footsteps as we walk inch by inch in this old-fashioned building.

Grasping each other's hands, we're pacing in silence. Guided by our only weapon, the flashlight, we carefully examine everything around us. Our tiny weapon spots a lonely, white-painted door at the end of the hallway. This takes a long walk to get there. But we don't care.

Breathing a piece of courage, we stand at the front of this door. Waiting. As if it would automatically open and welcome us inside. But as the clock counts the seconds that pass, it only stares blankly at us.

"AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"

A hand-written sign says. And it's really written badly. And yeah not to mention the dust everywhere, this door is not friendly and I'm sure it's going be ruthless with us.

I exhale a basket of worries. Without a second thought, I grab the knob. It feels cold. And powdery. Something's so obvious about the old stuffs.

"Eew" my mind reacts. But it's not the dust that I really care about. Nor the baldy written sign on the door. It's about me. My friends. My mom. The people I love the most. These thoughts drift me away to a place where this eye-blinding light is found. But this can't be heaven nor the other dark side. I don't even know if this light has good effects or bad. It may be cancerous, I may add. I was like twirling and twirling and just letting the drift drag me away. I feel no worries as I float in these unending rays of light. And I like it. I like the way it drags me. I feel safe in a moment but then I need to push this moment away for the reality is not even like that.

Snapping out of the drift, I hear my friends calling my name.

"You're spacing out again. There's no turning back now though."

Yeah right. I mean no sarcasm 'cos this is truly true.

I don't know what will happen if I open this door. The possibilities. The what if's.

What will happen if we won't come back? Alive. What will happen if this door won't be ever opening again? What about our family? My family. My mom. We'll all be leaving them with so many questions no one could even answer. Except us.

Ticking sounds starts to make noises on the window. It's raining. And it's getting heavier. The aura inside the room changes and the temperature drops. It's getting cold in here. And once again, the clock starts to count. And that means we now need to decide.

I close my eyes. Inhale a bucket of boost and breathe out a barrel of anxiety.

I suddenly feel my feet being soaked. I take a look at it and something's seeping from the inside. My sneakers are all wet but I don't know if they also notice this. Until I check them one by one and they're all freaked. No one moves an inch as we stare at each other with big question marks flash on our faces. Ideas left my mind in an instant and I don't have any clues on what this creepy-gooey-yucky substance is. And I'll just have my answers if I open this door. All I need to do is to turn the knob.

And I did.