Chapter 1: The Proposal

Authors's Note:

So this is my first fan fiction and I'm really nervous about it. Anyway if you like it, please vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: The Proposal

Zayn's P.O.V

I took one last look around our flat to make sure i didn't leave anything. I couldn't believe she was gone. I shut my eyes to stop the tears, but a single tear escaped my eye as i switched the light off and closed the door for the last time. Everything was going perfect, then....

*** FLASHBACK***

Perrie, she looked so beautiful. Her blond hair was waving in the wind as we walked down the street to our favorite café. It was a beautiful winter morning. Snow was falling softly around us, but it wasn't cold. The snowflakes were dancing gracefully in the breeze. Occasionally a few would blow into our faces and she would scrunch her face from the cold. Oh how I wanted to stay with her like this forever. Today was Christmas Eve and I had the perfect present for her. Everything was going exactly how I planned, she had no idea what was coming. I slipped my hand in my pocket to make sure the little red box was still there. I smiled widely when I felt the soft, worn velvet in between my fingers. The ring was my grandmother's. My grandfather had given it to her when they were young. She told me it was my turn to give it to somebody I love. She said it would bring good fortune and we would be together forever, just like her and my grandfather. Today was the beginning of forever.

Perrie's P.O.V.

***SAME FLASHBACK EXCEPT IN PERRIE'S P.O.V.***

It was almost Christmas! I love Christmas, especially because both Zayn and I are free. Today he was taking me out to coffee like we always do. Except this time he insisted that we walk. I usually didn't have a problem with walking, but it was snowing outside. Zayn looked was so insistent that we walk, so we did.

I loved the feeling of his large, warm hand wrapped around mine. I looked up into his sparkling eyes. He smiled down at me. There was something different about Zayn today. Something a little different in the way he held my hand, and the way he looked at me. I couldn't pin it down, but I liked it. I had a feeling this was going to be the best Christmas ever!

Zayn's P.O.V.

***FLASHBACK CONTINUED****

I sat down at our favorite table in the café. It was a small round table in the back corner of the shop. The sun was shining gently through the window. It was toasty warm inside. Everything was going perfect. This is exactly how I imagined this day would be. Perrie was returning with our usual drinks. I got up to meet her. She walked with such grace and confidence. I loved her so much. She was the one. When I caught up to her, we were standing in the middle of the café. I had the biggest smile on face. I was really nervous, but I knew I couldn't loose her. She stopped when I was in front of her. I looked at her in the eyes and began to kneel.

"Zayn, what are you doing?" she asked, her face was turning pink with surprise.

"Perrie, you are the craziest person I have ever met. You can make me smile when I'm in the worst of moods. You are the one I can't live without. I love everything about you." I reached In my pocket and pulled out the little red box. "Perrie Louise Edwards, will you marry me?"