As rain approaches...

He didn't expect to meet her. Both of them, if we're being completely honest. Same name, but two completely different girls. Even the way their names were spelled was different. Katherine. Catherine. Who would have guessed... Of all the people in the world, Alexander was the one who met them. Not only one of them, but both. Both.

It was strange, the way he met them. Almost like it was a scene taken out from a cliché movie. But it did happen, and Alex remembers it well...

9:08. Seven hours before meeting Katherine.

Alex sat down on his desk, immediately resting his elbows on the desk tiredly. He had bags under his eyes and it looked like he was about to fall asleep. He sighed and looked around the office. Everyone else looked tired as well, but he couldn't blame them. The work was tiring as hell, but he still liked it.

He rubbed his eyes gently and turned to the laptop resting on his desk. With a swift movement of his hand, he opened it and turned it on, also making sure everything was working since the last time he spilled his coffee over it. He ran a hand through his hair as he waited for the computer to load.

"Hey man, what's up?" his friend, Ethan, said as he approached him with two cups of coffee. Alex groaned in response.

"Are you hung over?" Ethan asked, as he placed down one of the cups next to Alex, "because you look like shit."

Alex shook his head softly and turned to face him "Not really. I did go to the bar last night, though. Maybe drank two cups of Rum and Coke and went back home."

"Well then, why are you so tired?" Ethan asked, resting his hands on the desk. He pulled out a chair and sat in front of Alex.

"Mhh, I don't know, man. I guess I pulled an all-nighter," Alex replied as he typed down his password on the laptop.

"You guess?" Ethan asked, raising an eyebrow. He then took a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, I guess," Alex nodded as he rubbed is face slightly. He looked around the office, already wanting to go home. He did love his job, but this day, for some reason, he wasn't feeling okay. His head was hurting, he was tired, and he just wanted to sleep.

"You have been looking strange, Lex," Ethan pointed out as he fixed the collar of his shirt swiftly. A girl walking over gave Ethan a quick glance before returning her gaze back down to the folders she was holding. Alex sighed softly. After all, Ethan was good looking. He had blonde hair, he was tall, slightly tanned, green eyes. He was nice with everyone and was gentleman-like to girls. Obviously, that called plenty of girls's attention. As for Alex... dark hair, pale skin, dark brown eyes. He was quiet and just paid attention to anything that involved him.

"How so?" Alex asks, looking now at Ethan.

"You've been more quiet than usual. Is it because of your supposed tiredness?" He asked with a smirk. Alex rolled his eyes and turned back to the laptop.

"It is tiredness, Ethan," he replied grimly and sighed once again. Ethan chuckles and stands up, quickly messing Alex's hair.

"Yeah, sure," he said sarcastically as Alex fixed his hair, "see you tonight, Lex." Alex watched him walk away. He then rested his head on his desk and groaned.

2:13. Five minutes before meeting Katherine.

Rain. Rain was all Alex needed for his day to get worse. It had just started drizzling, but knowing the weather from the city, he knew that a huge thunderstorm was approaching. The perks of this? He was walking back home.