Unwarned

A/N: Okay, this was not proofread, so I'm really sorry for any atrocity or attack to the grammar. Some alerts need to be done. In italics, it's Taylor's perspective. In bold and italics, Karlie's perspective. That's it. Hope you enjoy it!

_____________________________________________________________________________

- Taylor - she cooed brushing her lips ever so slightly on the girl's hair.

Shivers were sent through the soft skin, but Taylor kept the strong thought of remaining snuggled on the spot, her nose and forehead resting on the crook of the model's neck.

- Baby - Karlie whispered. - Shine for me.

Taylor groaned internally. How she could so easily melt under a tone of voice was still beyond her.

- I'm missing my favorite shade of blue in the whole wide world. And I'm quite the traveler lately.

That was true. The pair had more than just a couple of setbacks to be able to see each other. It had been weeks. And, during all of those, besides moping around when work allowed her to, Taylor kept writing and in touch with social media as a form of distraction. She could not sleep properly and always ended up with a generous amount of concealer under her eyes. The truth she had admitted to herself a few months before is that Taylor could no longer sleep peacefully without certain slender arms cradling her and this singular warmth embracing her. So there she was trying to make up for lost time snuggling against her girl's body sprawled on the couch.

- Please, Tay - cooed Karlie.

God, she can be persistent.

- I'll open my eyes the minute you tell the world we're dating, baby - came the retort creating goosebumps on tanned skin.

After this time apart and having so much pressure on them, the pair had decided they could not cope without each other. No matter what came next, the secret had to be dissolved. So, deals were broken, contracts send to hell and a concert was canceled so the two of them could rest on each other's arms at the moment.

No more tears for now.

- I'm telling them - replied Karlie easily.

What Taylor, unfortunately, could not see was that her girlfriend was smirking.

- Have you thought how? I know you're scared. I am too - the singer stated softly.

Karlie snorted.

- I'm not scared. You don't need to be either. I'll always be right here.

- Trust me, I know you're scared - Taylor said unfazed. - You wouldn't stop shaking while telling Kimby and Kariann - she laughed.

- Hey, it's different. They're my sisters! - Karlie protested, but the singer could still hear the smile on her voice.

- Yeah, whatever. You could, you know, just say "People, you know that supposedly best friend of mine? Yeah, Taylor. As in Swift. I'm in love with her - the singer couldn't stop herself from blushing, even though her tone was nothing but playful - but not as much as she's in love with me, of course. Because, I guess, that's kind of impossible. But it's alright. Oh, and she's my girlfriend. She'd appreciated if people stopped hitting on me as a warming gift of congratulations for the relationship. Thank you. That's all folks".

Karlie laughed loudly and hearing such a sound, Taylor couldn't help the bright smile dressing her lips.

- So that's your idea of how to break the news?

- I think it's a pretty good one, actually - replied Taylor.

- Hm - Karlie thought - I could go with "Hey guys, Taylor is my best friend. That's well known. And true. But when she was introduced to me I was like 'God, what is this girl?' and had an overwhelming feeling I couldn't quite describe or name. There were infinite setbacks and, for a while, other people involved. And it took me some time to finally acknowledge what it was and even more time to act on the name of it. But then I did. And the most incredible thing happened. She loves me back and is crazy enough to date me. So guys, it's real when I say she's my girl."