Depression

This is just a short story I recently wrote. Please comment and vote. I am just starting out with my writing and need some opinions. So if you could please do that. Also share this with people you know who have wattap! Thank you!!

Depression. Been there done that. I was the girl who would cry all the time. But not when people are looking. I would cry when they're not hoping they wouldn't notice how broken I was. But also hoping they would. I fell in love and was rejected. My best friend betrayed me. But I still kept going on. I felt worthless. I felt like nothing. People would ask my how I was and I would always say "I'm fine". But I never was. I needed someone to notice that but no one did. Every night I would wait until everyone was asleep to cry in the shower. I didn't want anyone to hear. I didn't want anyone to see how broken I was. I kept telling myself that I was fine. Isn't that term funny. I'm fine. We all know that when people say I'm fine they're not. They're just lying. Trying to cover up the hurt. And eventually we tell ourselves that we're fine. We lie to our self just so it hurts less. But that never makes it any better. In the end that makes it worse. Because when you finally realize that you're not crying because you're fine. You're crying because you're done. You're broken. The day that I realized that I wasn't fine was the day it all changed. I sat at home with a gun against my head. I could feel the cold metal against my skin. I almost shot, when I broke down. I dropped the gun realizing that your life is a gift. You only get one and even if you're not fine you shouldn't end your life. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. After that I got better. I got help. And eventually I really was fine. I was more than fine I was happy. Something I thought I would never be again.