Chapter 1

A/N Read!!

First off I'd just like to say that the girl that plays Melody Isn't the same age as Kevin in real life. (You guys probably recognise her from the Fosters) She plays a 17 year old girl in the book. This is my first TBD book.. so yeah. It's technically A Kevin Alston book but the rest of The Bomb Digz will be in the book as well. So yeah.
-Dava

•••••••••

Annoyed. I'm Annoyed. I was sleeping very peacefully but my phone decides to repeatedly go off. The one time I'm laid back and relaxed, I'm disrupted. I recently got out of a relationship that was very tiresome and dramatic, So lately I kind of been in my own, fucked up little shell. I reach over my night stand and looked at the caller I.D. I role my eyes as Daniel's name shows. I pick it up and answer quickly.

"Better be important Veda." I say with an annoyed voice.

"Aww look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, Anyways, me and my friends are meeting up at the beach in like an hour or two, want to come?" he asks. I love hang outs but I'm so not in the mood to meet Daniel's friends, But then again, I haven't been out socialising in a while ever since my breakup so maybe this is a good thing?

"Sure..." I say slowly.

"Good see you soon, And um and do me a favor." He says.

"What? you always asking for shit." I groan.

"Invite your friend Emily." he says and hangs up the phone. I always knew Daniel had sort of a crush on Emily but he was always trying to keep it lowkey, But I'm smart enough to know what he feels towards her, Daniel is like my boy best friend. I scroll to Emily's name and start to text her.

"Beach in an hour or 2 with Daniel and his friends, comin?" I send.

"You bitch I was asleep, fine... meet you there." I chuckle and head to the shower. Once I was done showering I quickly slipped on A black crop top, My favorite shorts, And a pair of black flip flops. Once I was done getting dressed I blow dried my hair and kept it down. Ready to go.
••••••••

Once I arrived at the beach I saw Emily waiting for me. I ran over to her and pulled her into a hug. "Where's Daniel?" she said eagerly. Thirsty much? "Hello to you too." I laugh.

"Omg don't freak out but I see Daniel, And he's with that boy Kevin I've been telling you about!"
Lord. "The douchebag?" I question. Yes, that was the first word she described him as to me.

"Hey!" I spun around and saw Daniel and his friend Kevin I'm assuming and this other cute boy with really great hair.

"Hey aggy." I rolled my eyes and pulled Daniel into a hug. Once I let go it was a bit awkward for a couple of seconds. "Oh! Mel, Em, This is Devin," He points towards the cute brownskin. "Hi!" I said and gave him a hug. "And this is Kevin." he gestures to Kevin.

He didn't say anything, He just stared at me, in an unreadable expression. It wasn't in an intimidating way but not a pleasant way either. He was incredibly handsome, no doubt about it.

"Um." Daniel says awkwardly. We both snapped out of our gaze. "Yeah, nice to meet you." I say, looking away quickly.

"Oh." he said. What the fuck is "Oh" suppose to mean?

"Alright well me and Emily," he grabs her hand. "Are going to go on the board walk, you guys have fun." he says, walking away with Emily.

"Well I see some really hot girls over there, catch you later bro," he pats Kevin. "Oh.. and nice to meet you." he winks at me before leaving. Great now I'm stuck with Kevin. He starts to walk away. Where does he think he's going?

"Hey!" I yell running towards him, Finally catching up to him. He's a really fast walker I discovered. "Yes?" he says walking at a normal pace. "Why are you walking away?" I ask curiously.

"Because I can." he says blankly. "What ever" I huff, walking away. But I feel a hand grab my wrist. I face towards him curiously. "Walk with me." he sighs. I take a minute to think about it, and I continue walking with him.

"So how do you know Daniel?" he asks. "Well, We met through my friend Emily." I say. It got quiet for a while. "Wow you really don't know how to talk to people." I laugh. But then again I really can't be talking. "fuck is there to talk about?" he asks rudely.

"I dunno, you?" I suggest. "Not the type to talk about myself much." he shrugs. "Whatever" I say. I notice theirs a couple of guys sitting down on their beach chairs, whispering and staring directly at me. I jump when I feel warm arm go around my waist. I look and see that it's Kevin's.

"What are you doing?" I whisper.
"Well.. Obviously the dudes over there are creeping you out, So I'm trying to help you out." He smiles. Wow that's the first time I've seen him smile out of this long walk.

"So claiming me helps?" I laugh. He's unbelievable. "Wouldn't call this claiming." he says. once we're out of sight he removes his arm from around my waist, But for some reason.. I didn't want him too. "Let's hang out tomorrow." he says looking at me. "Why would I want to hang out with you." I say half jokingly. "Because I just did you a favor." he laughs.

"Didn't know saving me from staring boys is a big enough reason for me to go on a date with you." I say. "Not a date.. Just hanging out." he says smoothly.

"What's your number?" I say. "So that's a yes?" he smirks. "Never said that, give me your phone." I take it. Woah. I look at his lock screen and I see a half naked Victoria Secret Model.

"Hot right." he laughs. Oh my god.

"Totally." I say sarcastically. I mean she's gorgeous but I wasn't expecting to see that as his lockscreen. "What's your passcode?" I ask quickly. "5262" he says. I enter my phone number into his phone, handing him his phone back.

"Hey! Me and Em are leaving It's getting kind of late." Daniel says. Wait are they leaving together? "You guys are leaving together?" I ask.

"Nah." Daniel says. "Good, I'll walk home with you Em." I smile.

Daniel and Emily exchanged hugs before deciding to walk away. "See you tomorrow?" Kevin yelled. I turned around and stuck the middle finger up at him. "I'm guessing that's a yeah." he yells, laughing. "You and Kevin?" Emily arches her eyebrow. "Nah.." She sensed I was lying, but the sad thing is.. I don't believe myself either.....

••••

Hope you guys enjoyed!! I know It's kinda sucky, But! hopefully I'll get better. Oh and I'll Be sure to put a picture of Emily in the next chapter. But yeah, All the love bitches ;)