chapter 1

[piper's pov]

i woke up to a loud bang on my door. "PIPER GET YOUR ASS UP ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL". ugh. that was Ramona, my pushy mother. although she was annoying, i still loved her to pieces. i groaned, and rolled out of bed (slowly.)

i didn't know what to wear. of course you'd want to look your best for your first day of high school, it was just instinct. i picked out my favorite skirt and my 'plants are friends' shirt to go with it, also my favorite bra and underwear set (not like anyone was going to see it, but i wanted to anyways). i changed quickly, taking a steamy shower, drying my hair and putting on my super rad clothes.

i put on some mascara and eyeliner, and looked at myself in the mirror, getting a glimpse of the final look. i put on some cat socks and walked out of my room.

into the kitchen i went, pouring myself a bowl of cereal (so unoriginal) and a glass of chocolate milk. i sat down on the couch, turning on the tv to watch sailor moon. i knew cartoons were childish but i liked them anyways. when i was done, i cleaned up my dishes, and went to brush my teeth. i grabbed my bag, making sure for the 50th time that everything i needed was in there. i took one last peak at my timetable, sighing at the thought that i had math first period. oh well, couldn't be any worse than having gym first. i grabbed my headphones and headed out the door.

i walked to school, as to the fact that my mom had already left, and the school was a 10 minute walk from my house. i turned on my phone, putting one earbud into my ear, playing "avocado, baby" by los campesinos. i had a weird taste in music. i wasn't someone who was all crazed about boybands or radio music, i preferred indie alternative music.

i walked into the shithole, faking smiles at people i didn't even know yet and didn't care to talk to. suddenly i felt a hand on my shoulder "HOW WAS YOUR MORNING FUCKER ???" a voice said. i knew who it was. elliot of course. my long time best friend, ever since kindergarten. in grade 1 he moved to a different neighbourhood, so i didn't see him much, but now he's back and annoying as ever. "hey" i casually said back, acknowledging his presence. "what was that? i give you a full fledged, enthusiastic welcome and hello, and all you have to say back is 'hey'? what is this, a text message? c'mon give me something a little better than than" he poked back, trying to get something other than a simple response from me as you can tell. "WELL HEY THEIR MR.HARRISON ITS A SWELL DAY TODAY HUH THE SUN IS SHINING THE BIRDS ARE CHIRPING ITS A LOVELY LITTLE WORLD WE LIVE IN" i yelled back, hoping to give the same amount of sarcasm as i did passion. "there you go. just try to give off less of the old-british-man vibe, will ya?" he smirked. "oh shut up loser." i scoweled, slightly punching his arm. "hey, lighten up." he joked, as the bell rang, making hundreds um if kids instantly rush through the crowded halls. "HEY MEET ME AFTER CLASS OKAY?!" ell shouted, as i nodded my head and made my way through the scrambling halls to my first class.

[elliot's pov]

i rushed to my first class, gym. despite what you might think of a 5'11 brown haired, muscle-toned highschooler, i hated gym almost as much as a vegan hated meat. i put on my gym clothes and walked into the highly air-conditioned room. i stayed to the side as i watched the groups of jocks form, admiring their friendship from a distance. the thing was, i only had about two real friends during school. matt, who moved away in year 5, and piper. i wasn't really used to being invited to be a part of things, or even talking in groups of people.

the teacher blew his whistle, instructing us to line up on the red line. (are we in grade school?) i followed the instructions, standing at the end closest to the change rooms. "okay, hello everyone. i am mr. cooper, the male gym teacher here at riverdale high, and i want to get one thing straight. i am not as mean as i look, and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to talk to me." i sighed in relief. not like i would need anything from him, but at least he wasn't going to be strict. he then brought out a cart of volleyballs, motioning for us each to grab one. the jocks swarmed around the bin, looking for the best ones. once they left, i peered into the bin, seeing one final ball left. 'nice' i thought to myself, grabbing the surprisingly air-filled sphere. following the others, i served over the net, going to the other side and fetching it again in an endless cycle for the next 90 minutes.

[okay this is like my 3rd attempt at a story so i hope you guys like it !! please go follow my account @overallou on instagram and don't forget to vote !! thanks and I'll try to update soon ]