Present Shopping.

It was a nice night in Hoenn. The people were celebrating New Year's Eve when Ruby was thinking about something.

"I wonder what I'll get for my birthday...?"

His birthday was on the seventh of January, so it was only natural to think about what he'd get.

Meanwhile, at a store in Goldenrod City...

"I can't believe I came all the way here just for that sissy boy! But, then again, Mirage Island still hangs over my head." A girl with sapphire eyes said to herself. Her and Ruby had saved all of Hoenn, but in the process, they had confessed to each other. But that was over a year ago, and Ruby had been saying that he'd 'forgotten' about Mirage Island and kept saying that she was making it up.

"If he says he forgets when I give him his present, then I will throw his present right in his face and walk out on him. NOBODY, not even him, is allowed to lie to me, even on their birthday!" She thought to herself. She still liked him a lot. Some might even say that she loved him. But if he was going to be stubborn and immature about it, then that's HER problem to deal with, and she knew EXACTLY how she was going to deal with it.

She then got Ruby's present and got the clerk to put it in a box and wrap that box. She then heard someone call her name. She turned around to see Emerald and Wally.

"Hey, Sapph! Long time, no see, huh?" Emerald said to her.

"Yeah, Sapphire. Are you also getting Ruby a birthday present?" Wally asked Sapphire.

"Why, yes, I am, Wally." Sapphire replied to him.

"Are you going to confront him about Mirage Island again?" Emerald asked her.

"Yes, I am. And if he lies to me by saying he doesn't remember, then I am going to throw the present in his face and walk out on him. I am sick and tired of him rejecting it. It's a lose-lose-lose-win. I lose if he says he doesn't remember, he loses if he says he doesn't remember because he will lose a good friend and get a present thrown full force into his face, he loses if he says he does remember because I will be mad at him and still throw his present in his face, and I win if he says he does remember because I will hug him and cry tears of joy right after that." She didn't realize that they had snuck away while she was talking. So she kept talking until, eventually, she left the mall and went back to her house.

She forgot that she had already gotten the best present for him: a photo that was taken on Mirage Island right before they battled for the sake of Hoenn. (It was framed, by the way.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
So, what do you guys think should I keep going with it? Leave your comments.