The Outbreak

In the year 2021, a experiment was taking place in San Francisco, California. The experiment was huge. They were mixing animal genes with human genes to make a new hybrid. It was so huge the media got a hold of it, they said it was safe, but they were wrong. On January 1st, 2022 the experiment failed. The hybrids grew in small and big forms. They were all designated to kill all living species, including humans.

            Two years from now (2024) after the experiment failed. All animals have been depleted from the area. (California).

             “I am Sam Hirst (29).  I used to be a police officer in Los Angeles, California. We took all the guns we found in the police station. Currently taking refuge in my apartment with my friend/partner Shane (28), and my daughter Alice (8). Shane and I secured all the windows and back/front doors of the apartment building. We took all the food and weaponry we found in the apartment houses.”

              *Scratching and Banging is heard outside of the apartment*

               Sam wakes up and takes a peek outside, he sees a hybrid and wakes up both Alice and Shane.

               “Dad what’s happening?” Alice says quietly.

“Shhh me and Uncle Shane will take care of it, grab the flashlight and run to the closet quietly.” Says Sam.

              Sam and Shane run to the closet where all the guns are at, Sam grabs a Usp.45 with a silencer, and Shane grabs a Spas-12 with silencer. Both of them have a bulletproof vest and flashlights. They both sneak outside and see that the Hybrid is gone.

              “Wait, hybrids don’t leave until they fou.........Shane don’t move a muscle. I see it. Get ready to jump to the right and shoot. 3,2,1, JUMP!” Says Sam.

              The Hybrid swipes at them but misses, then gets shot to death by Sam and Shane. They both run upstairs to check on Alice.

              “Alice are ya there?” Says Shane.

               Alice comes out and hugs both Sam and Shane.

               “Alice, go back to sleep now, daddy and uncle got rid of it.”

                Sam and Shane grab plastic gloves, and go pick up the hybrid and dispose it at garbage hill.

               *The Next Morning*

                Sam was the first to wake up, he got up and took a shower without startling the two. He went to go check if there were more food in the cupboard and fridge, there were no more food. Shane wakes up and sees Sam getting equipped with a backpack and weapons.

“Sam where are you going?” Shane says tiredly.

           “I’m going to get more food from Safeway, right across the street.” Says Sam while putting on the backpack.

            “And you’re going alone?! Are you crazy?” Shane says very worried.

             “It’s okay, I got this. Just stay here and protect Alice.” said Sam.

            Sam goes to the rooftop and checks the area out.

             “Hmm seems to be clear. Let’s head down and get food.” Says Sam suspiciously.

            Sam walks out of the building and walks silently in the broad daylight. Sam see’s something moving from a distance and sees that it’s a hybrid, a ferocious hybrid.