The Unexpected Incident

By: Ramzi Barakat

     It was 2024 and minutes away from turning 2025. Vegas is going to be a huge hit. Its almost midnight, all the lights are on, fireworks are exploding. The streets are all crowded and everybody is screaming. Everybody is really happy about having a new year.

       ”Hey” Luther said excited.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

     ”Its really crowded, 2025 seems like its making people crazy,” replied Smith. “Do I know you?” said Smith interestingly with a smile on his face.                                                                         

     ”No, my name is Luther, nice to meet you” Luther doesn’t know where he’s going with conversation           

    “I’m Smith,” he said while closing his sweater and packing up his stuff to leave                                                                                                                                         

     “do you want to grab coffee tomorrow?” Luther exclaimed.                                                                      

     “Sure” replied Smith while walking away. It was 20 seconds away and people were just crazy.                  

     ”10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1… Woot” yelled the crowed and with a sudden incident every body just froze silently…

      And without even knowing it Luther heard a Boom! Luther opened his eyes and every body was dead. All the lights were broken. All the buildings were destroyed; there was a huge hole in the planet. Every body in the world was dead… except for Luther. He had a gift.

      He was really thankful for his gift. He thought that he was the only one alive for a second. It was true; Luther lost his friend and his family. He has nothing left in his life except for him. He tried to fix some people, but nothing worked. He was really scared and then he woke up, and didn’t know what happened for the past 3 hours. He didn’t know about the explosion, he didn’t know that it was 2025.

      So he started walking outside. There was nobody, He thought that no one died, the lights were all cracked out, there were a few dead bodies, and he also saw the huge hole in the planet. He scratched his head and started thinking and nothing helped, so, he kept on walking. Minding his own business, and while he was walking he saw a lot of dead bodies and he kept wondering what happened. So he thought he was the only one alive for one second but the next second he really doubted it.

      “Am I the only one that is in here” he said really confused. He started walking and then he saw the Starbucks store. “This is familiar,” he exclaimed thinking he solved all his problems. Once he saw Smith it all came back to him… “What am I supposed to do now, my life is over and everybody else’s” he remarked sadly with a frown on his face. He walked back and fourth still thinking what to do.