Untitled Part 1

Chapter 1

I woke up with a killer headache. When I looked around I realized I was at home, but I didn't remember how I got there. Did I drive? But I didn't remember driving. I was fully dressed except for the shoes. Slowly I got out of bed and went to the bathroom but stopped when I heard a sound coming from the kitchen. I knew very well that I lived on my own and didn't own a cat or a dog. Quietly I picked up the vase in the passage and made my way to the kitchen.

"Great. You are up. Ay you sure can sleep" he said without even looking at me.

"Who are you? And what are you doing in my house?" I was still holding the vase.

He turned around and looked at me up and down. He had a disgusted look in his face like he was seeing a road kill.

"My name is Joshua Cebekhulu, I made you some breakfast. Where do you keep your plates?" he didn't wait for an answer, he opened the cupboard and began looking for them.

"Leave my plates alone. You didn't answer my question. What are you doing in my house?" I shouted, ignoring pounding headache.

"You invited me" He found the plates and put them over the counter.

"Why would I invite a total stranger in my house?" It didn't make sense. I looked at him up and down and I had to admit that the brother was handsome.

"That's because you were too drunk to drive yourself. Sit down and eat" he dished up the food.

"Get out" I pointed at the door.

He didn't argue. He took his phone and went towards the door.

"Wait" I said before he walked out.

He turned and looked at me and waited for me to speak.

"Nothing happened last night?" Yes I was fully dressed but I wasn't sure.

"Trust me. If something had happened last night you would still be asleep and you would remember as soon as you wake up." with that he opened the door and walked out. I stood there for a while, my head was spinning. The sound of my ringing phone snapped me back to reality, I went to the bedroom to pick it up. It was my friend Bongeka.

"Yah" I answered.

"You don't sound happy at all Gloria."

"I have a hangover from hell girl" I sat down on the bed.

"So how was he? I hope he is good otherwise his good looks are a total waste" she asked.

"Who?" I asked.

"The guy from the club." she sounded confused.

"You saw him too?"

"Ofcause we did. I forgot his name"

"How could you? What kind of friends are you?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"How could you allow me to leave the club with a man I didn't know? What if he was a serial killer?" I raised my voice.

"Don't be so dramatic." she laughed and that pissed me off and I hung up.

I was hungry but to afraid to eat the breakfast the man had made. What if he was trying to poison me, but I brushed that thought of. If he wanted to do something he would have done it last night. I was still standing there debating with myself when I realized that I didn't even say thank you. My phone rang again. It was Neliswa. I thought about ignoring her but decided against that.

"Gloria?" she said before I could even say hello.

"I'm still alive. If that's what you wondering" I told her.