Because of you

Dear Mom,

Because of you my life is the way it is. Why are you trying to just come back in it? You can't just come and go as you please! I'm an nineteen year old woman now, and I've been just fine without you. No kids, no problems. I just want to let you know that, I don't appreciate you just popping up like that. You were never there for me at the times a little girl needed her mother. Just please don't contact me again.

Was I wrong? I don't think so, however I hate being mean to people. It's just that she has not always been a good mother, in fact she's not. She's just trying to barge back into my life when I'm on my own two feet. I'm in college at NYU, and I'm practicing law.

Without her, all has been well! It's been seven years since I have seen her and she left me when I was twelve with my aunt. My aunt isn't the loving type of aunt, she treated me like a step child.

Her daughter, who is my first cousin Cindy has always been jealous of me which is so dumb. She's my age, and just in case you're wondering my name is Amilia. My mother had me at fourteen, and she was so "in love" with my father.

My father stayed in my life, but he has another family he put most of his interest into. To this day I don't know why my mother left me, but it still somewhat hurts.