One.

Before I get into this chapter, I would like to say that I'm going to be 100% dedicated to this book and I will go from start to finish. One reason is because I'm tired of starting books and not completing them. Also because I will have breezysolegendary helping me write this book. So, I hope you Breezy fans enjoy and if you're not a Breezy fan, well... I just hope you enjoy it, ok?

_____________________________________________________________________

|| Kwame ||

"Happy Birthday, Kwame!" Everyone cheered joyously. I could honestly say, that this was the best day of my life. Everyone I loved was at our house to celebrate my birthday. Most importantly, there was good vibes.

I smiled, looking around at all my friends and family having fun. Smiles everywhere. My attention was caught by my father tapping a champagne glass with the head of her fork.

"Attention! Attention!" my father said. All of the chatter stopped in the room became completely quiet. All attention was on her.

"We will now begin with the present opening," he announced.

Everyone gathered around the present table, intrigued to see what new, luxurious gifts I have received. As I was beginning to open my gifts, I noticed that my father scurried off to somewhere. He went unannounced, but I thought, "He's probably just going to bring the Ferrari he bought for my birthday around." I smiled, continuing to open my gifts and show everyone what I got. After I finished opening my gifts.

After I finished opening the gifts, my father came back and not too far behind, my mother walked in with her shirt all discombobulated and major fly-always all over her head. I thought, "Mom and dad couldn't wait to get freaky, yuck." I shivered in disgust at the thought.

As soon as my father approached me, I said, "I'm done opening presents. Did you have something you wanted to give me or..."

"What I had to give you is gonna have to hold off for a sec, okay?" he said blankly, then walking away.

Why was my dad so upset? I know he just got some from my mom, so shouldn't he have a big ol' "Kool-Aid" smile on his face? I pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind, enjoying the rest of my party. After I waited for all my friends and family to leave when the party was over, I took our home elevator up to the level where my room was. Before I made it to my room, my parents having a heated conversation caught my ear. I stopped in front of their room, pressing my ear to the door.

"Susan, I'm sick and tired of this! This is your 3rd time cheating in this marriage. Time after time, I have forgiven you, but it's the same stuff." I heard my father's voice croak out. I could hear my mother's malicious cackle.

"Well, if your sex wasn't so dry, maybe this wouldn't happen, now would it?" my mother snapped back. I mentally gagged at the thought of my mother having sexual relations with someone else. How could my mother search for intimacy with another man? Had she not been happy being with my father? I thought that nothing could tear their marriage apart. I guess, I thought wrong.

"Is that all this marriage is to you?" I could hear the disbelief all in my father's voice.

I heard my mother let out a heavy sigh of frustration. "This marriage was nothing more than something to lead me to my riches, Jabari. I was never in love with you,"  I was utterly disgusted with my mother. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My mother was just now admitting that she was not in love with my father. My father had strong feelings for my mother. Every time he looked at her, I could see a twinkle in his eye. The type of twinkle that shows interest. Like a little kid in a candy store, wishing that he could have everything. He loves every ounce of my mother, but now, thanks to my mother, it's all downhill now.