Discovery

"We did it John!" Shouted Nicholas, "we have successfully decode one full strand of prehistoric DNA!!" Repeated Nicholas. John and Nicholas (or Nick) are the chief geneticists of a company calledthe Gen-Tech which deals with genetic technology. There are research teams in islands on all 7 continents, Nick and John are on an island called Rottnest and it is located near Western Australia. "Great, now we can make dinosaurs and re-create Jurassic Park." Stated John. "No, no, no," replied Nick, "we will be way more careful with how we set up our 'prehistoric ecosystem' and put up more electric fences." Stated Nick
"Electric fences might not cut it, we have limited knowledge on Raptor intelligence and our sources say that raptors are smart!" Said John, "what happens if we are creating a raptor?" Asked John. Nick sighed and ordered the engineers of Gen-Tech to design a different type of protective fence. Nick thought about what John had said, and also thought about basic animal instincts. He thought that if the fence was made from a metal that is the best conductor of heat. Nicks idea was that it was always linked up to a sort of heat that constantly burned the shrub around it. He had thought about how most animals feared fire so the shrub was going to be around the perimeter. John had heard about the idea and thought that it had potential.

The fences had been built and set up. It was a success! But there was no time for celebrating because a new fossil had been brought in for us to decode. John had carbon dated it and the results showed something from the cretaceous era, but what is it? "Hey Nick," Said John to attain Nicks attention.
"Whats up," replied Nick
"We have Cretaceous creature with us," said John
"Wow, thankfully the carbon dating worked on this one, unlike the the other one," said Nick. The first fossil that was tested on had its carbon dating mucked up and the time era is unknown. "I will get into filling in the gaps of its DNA and hopefully figure out what it is." Finished Nick. He knew that if it was the exact same genome, that he would flip out. Nick was the main geneticist of the Australian team so he did the main, tedious parts of the research. That was finding the whole strand of DNA and the being able to realise and understand the what bits had been missing, then it was Johns job to fill in those gaps. "Hey John, this new thing needs an entirely different to what we prepared for." Said Nick worriedly. "What do you mean?" Asked John.
"It has bits resembling fins, it is an aquatic creature." Said Nick scared and amazed at the same time.
"Well I'll be damned," said John, "we need another fencing system."