Foretell the future

"STOP" he yelled as the car spun out of control and plummeted into the water.

Alex suddenly awoke from yet another horrific dream. It had been a year since the accident. Alex and his friend, James, were driving along an unfamiliar road when a sudden turn caused them to swerve out of control into a deep river. Alex and James struggled frantically to get out the vehicle which was rapidly filling with cold, dirty water. James didn't manage to escape from the vehicle in time as it continued to submerge in the water. A few weeks after the accident Alex continued going through the terrible event that had happened and it felt like it seemed all too familiar.

Alex had been having the same nightmare on and off for a year now.  He slowly climbed out of bed and began to get ready for another appointment with his psychiatrist,  "Same dream again?" She asked him with a sympathetic look in her eyes. Alex hated that same look everyone gave him. "Y-yes" he mumbled turning away  "You still don't believe me?" She sighed. Finally after what seemed like a lifetime the hour session was up. "I'll see you next week" she said walking him to the door.

He knew he wasn't going crazy. Everyone kept telling him how he was still upset about what had happened but he knew the dreams he kept having weren't normal. The day before the accident occurred he had that exact same dream, but of course, no one would believe him..