A Blur Of Black And Blue

A blur of black and blue. This is what I see as I sink ever so slowly to the bottom of the river.

I can't seems to remember what has happened. Maybe I was pushed or maybe I jumped myself. Maybe my mind decided it's had enough of this horrible world where being a bully is considered "cool".

I look up to see little and big clear bubbles escaping my mouth like prisoners that have been set free. Above my head the sunlight and water meet and the light breaks into a thousand little pieces. Each one sparkling like a crystal that has been  shattered. All these pieces of sunlight sit along a backdrop of a blur of black and blue.

A blur of black and blue. What does that make you think of? In my opinion I think about my face and body as I came home from school. Each bruise unique in its own way.

The same blur is dancing like smoke around me as the edges around my vision darkens. My head feels like there's cotton stuffed in it and my arms and legs suddenly go limp.

Then, all of a sudden I'm pulled upward. Whoever or whatever it was pulled me up by the collar of my yellow sundress.

I'm pulled out of the icy water and my back is slammed into the floor of the boat. I hear voices around me saying how my pulse is slowing and my body temperature is low.

My vision goes blank and I see this bright light ahead of me. I walk towards it curious to what's on the other side.

Then I'm pulled. Pulled away from that pretty little light.

I gasp for air and slowly come back to  consciousness.

I guess now simply wasn't my time.