Other Plans

"What about Massimo's?" Millie scrolls through different restaurants on her phone.

I shrug, "Eh, thats a little too fancy, don't you think?"

"Okay, how bout Boca di Lupo? I've heard they've an excellent lobster." She shows me a picture of the restaurant.

"Millie," I laugh and push her phone down. "We're still at University, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

She sighs, "Sorry, I just really want our anniversary to be special, you know?"

"And it will be," I smile assuringly. "So how bout McDonalds?"

"Daniel!" She hits my chest and laughs.

"Im joking!" I laugh then tackle her. "Lets just worry about this tomorrow."

"No, we need to do this now!" She whines.

"Millie," I mock her whiny tone.

She rolls her eyes and pushes me off her. I embrace her in a tight hug and laugh, "How bout I do all the planning and i'll surprise you." She stares at me. "What?" She starts laughing.

"So wait, you, as in Dan Howell, are saying that you will be able plan out an entire dinner in a week?" She laughs hysterically.

"What's so funny about that?" I lean back and shrug. Why was she laughing at me? I was trying to be a good boyfriend.

"Dan, when was the last time you made a reservation?"

"I don't know, but i've seen people do it," She laughs, "I can handle it! I promise!"

"What ever you say," She sings. She stands up and walks into her apartment kitchen. I look down at my phone to see that its already 8:00 and i've got a morning class tomorrow.

"Millie," I call, "I'm gonna head out. I'll call you after my first period tomorrow."

She runs in and hugs me. I kiss the top of her head, "Bye Daniel," She smirks playfully.

"Stop calling me that." I wink and walk out.

I fumble my key around in the lock and open my door. I walk into my dorm to see my room mate PJ laying on the couch holding a pillow to his ear.

"Uh, hey Peej," I walk over and take the pillow from him, "may I ask what exactly you're doing?"

"Oh my god, I have never been so happy to see you," He jumps up and hugs me. "Someone has been trying to Skype you and I couldn't find your laptop so i've been listening to the bloody ringtone for the past hour." He groans.

"Who would've been calling me?" I break away from PJ's hold. I walk into my room and hear the ring tone.

"No not again!" I hear PJ yell in the other room.

I grab my laptop from under my bed and open it. Phil. I was supposed to call him almost two hours ago. How did I forget? We had been skyping each other everyday after I finish my classes since I was a junior in high school. I'm an awful person.

I quickly close my door and sit down on my bed with my laptop. I answer and wait for it to connect. A few seconds later Phil's face shows up on my screen, "Dan!"

I wave and smile, "Sorry, I completely forgot to call you."

He chuckles, "It's alright, i'm just glad you're okay." He grins genuinely.

I grin back, "So what have you been up to lately?"

"Just got done filming and am now waiting for it to upload."