My Tree of Life, His Tree of Death

Okay, I have no idea if I am going to continue writing here. If you like this story, please comment and vote. If not, well, do something else. No whining, please. Anyway, this is the last story I'm probably going to be writing as my other story got one comment and one vote but it's been up for weeks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always hated being an elf. Long black hair with ivy weaved in it, pointy ears, green eyes... don't get me wrong, I am not a short little 'North-Pole/Santa' elf. I am an actual forest elf. The ones who have a life force with trees and who are guardians of nature. 

Besides, there's a huge difference between forest and snow elves. Forest elves are much taller and leaner. We do not resemble potbellied pigs on two legs like the other types. We also don't have any craftsmanship in us. You give us a hammer and we will give you a few band-aids, a broken nail and something that resembles a beaver dam.

Anyway, we have a lot against us. I think the worst thing that an elf has to live with is being tied to a tree and relying on that tree living in order to actually live. And it's not just 'tied' to it. If your tree dies, you die. A branch breaks, your arm breaks. A bird uses the facilities, you know about it. It sucks, honestly.

It's funny the way things work for elves, all types of elves to be exact. You usually don't fall in love with a different species, you most likely never have more than two children, and you will usually find a vampire trying to chop your tree down if it's an yew tree. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with the wood its self.

Yews are literally 'the tree of death', so the vampires might just be trying to protect themselves.Of course, elves can't handle a tree being cut down, even if it isn't their own. Being a nature guardian causes you to feel every life force in the forest you live in. In my woods, I can tell you that there are about 34,540 squirrels when they aren't all hiding.

Perhaps the thing that confuses people the most is the fact that trees are living things, and everything in the world was at one point something else. Weather it was alive or dead, it was still something else. Maybe that's why vampires are so cold. They don't know that the tree is really a person's heart, like the elves.

And for them to find out, one vampire has been sent into the area to find me, Elanta, and learn our weaknesses and strengths. I should know; I am staring right at him in front of my tree of life and his tree of death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, please comment and vote if you want me to continue. Sorry that this is slightly short, but I am rather busy at the moment.