Dark X Angel

When human’s day come, to stand before the gates of heaven, not all of them become angels. The young and the good may become guardian angels. The old enter the gates of eternal rest. Many may think life as an angel is nice and peaceful, well, they’re wrong! Just like a normal human, many are selfish and ambitious. This is were Daisuki’s life starts. Daisuki, a young fellow, born as a guardian angel. Like any other guardian angel Daisuki was tall and white but there was something pretty odd about him, he was born with short black hair. That devastated his father thoroughly. Mr. Kero was a respectable angel, he was honest and valued pride above all. He thought of Daisuki as a disgrace, a nuisance for the family. Daisuki has been working hard his whole life to gain his father’s respect. Has been alone all this years, since his mother passed to the gates of eternal rest while giving birth, until he met Mina.

                 8:00 A.M in the morning, a typical day in heaven. Daisuki was getting ready for school but not just any school, no, this is the Fine Arts Academy, the most prestigious school in heaven, not everyone could get in, first you needed to pass this intelligence test, which Daisuki passed without a problem. In this school they thought how to be a guardian angel, of coarse not all angels had to be a guardian angels but Daisuki, in order to please his father, decided to join the academy. This was his first day in the academy, not a big deal but he never would have guessed that there he’d meet he’s destiny.

                 Daisuki woke up with a start, the alarm clock didn’t go off and so he only had 10 minutes to do everything he had to. He quickly changed into his usual cloths and rushed down stairs to eat breakfast.  When he finished eating, it was already 8:05 A.M., which meant he only had five more minutes to get to school. Luckily, Daisuki had an extraordinary speed at flying so he got there in less than three minutes. He even had some minutes to spare, when suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his lower abdomen, consecutively he fell to the ground.

                   “Hey, what’s the big idea?” Daisuki groaned.

                  “I-I’m sorry!” stuttered a small girl. So the cause of my fall was a girl? he thought. She had long hair and wore odd clothing but what caught Daisuki’s attention was that she had no wings. This utterly caught him off guard, so much that he was staring at her unconsciously. The girl noticed this and frowned.

                   “Could you please stop staring at me, kind sir?” she asked politely though still frowning.

                 “Oh, my bad, it’s just that-” Daisuki couldn’t finish his sentence. He didn’t know how to finish. How could he tell such thing without offending her?

                  “Just that you never seen an angel without wings? Is that what you were trying to say?” Daisuki didn’t know what to say, he was embarrass. It seemed she was used to those stares and comments. Daisuki wanted to apologize but the tardy bell rang and so they had to rush to the opening ceremony in the cafeteria.

              Later on, Daisuki discovered this girls name, Mina Hakimishi. She had the same schedule as him so it was pretty easy to know her name. They sat together in every class, (since the classes seating charts were in alphabetical order) and usually liked to work together so pretty much that’s how to got to know each other more and more. To Daisuki she seemed like a pretty cheerful and determined girl but there was something bothering him: what was the reason behind her not having wings? He really wanted to ask her but he was scared, scared that she might get mad and end their friendship.

            The year went on and they got closer and closer. Anyone could say their relationship was perfect. Even though they were friends, they told each other everything, about their past, secrets, everything except for something. Mina seemed to be hiding something. Every time they talked, it seemed that she wanted to tell him something but she hesitated while trying to express herself.