Introduction

Aspen?..shhh..sleep my love. Aspen? What are you doing? "Where are you going?"... "Why do you not answer me?" You stare as if you mean to speak of somthing of grave importance. You are so beautiful when you sleep, you know that my Queen?.. Do not beguile me! What is  happening?! I must leave with Caleb and a handful of soldiers.." Leave? leave where? Iam traveling to Haven to meet with the Union. There have been an uprising of rumors spreading that the attack on the Capital was of the Union's doing. Tho the council and I have no evidence to support these claims, the council strongly feels that these rumors are indeed true. I must find the truth for myself. People are marching and protesting  everyday to the gates of this castle, demanding revenge. More and more soldiers showing  their loyalty to my brother Caleb than me because I am slow to accuse where he is fast to make judgment. They feel my desire for democracy and peace is clouding my judgment.  Thousands were murdered in that attack on the capital. Elders, parents, children.. so many dead and I as King am held accountable to avenge those deaths. If the Union is behind this I will know, the peace treaty will be broken and we will go to war..

 If the Union is behind this I will know, the peace treaty will be broken and we will go to war

Why do you choose  to leave me now to fight with our soilders in a war that does not need its King's aid personally! The birth of our child can come at any moment! I need you here with me, I can not lose you! "Think about our child for god sakes Aspen"... Iam.. When the Capital was attacked I watched as little boy die in my arms... I saw his parents die and I tried to save him from that same fate but I...I tried to use my powers but I was too late and it killed a part of me. As I watched him slip away all i could think of was our child. How I needed to protect you, our child and this kingdom. I made vow to myself to find the people behind this.. and I will..That's why I need to go. So that our child can have a secure future. That one day when the the time comes for him or her to rule they will have an established kingdom full of wealth, prosperity and security.

I will not leave my child a kingdom in ruins... I will not leave the fate of my kingdom in the hands of soliders whose alligece is more to my brother Caleb than I. I must do this.. I need to prove that tho I'm young I am whats best for this kingdom. I know your scared but I need you to trust and believe in me as your husband and King that Im making the right decision. She sighs.. I do and I see theres no swaying you. She cups his face into her own. He faintly smiles. Yes, Ive given this much thought, now that I have control over my abilities. You have made your decision my King, I can not presuade you other wise even if I wanted to.... "All I ask is that you return to us"...

Do let the need to prove yourself to your brother and kingdom cloud your judgment. Neither let Caleb imtimadate you. For tho he do well in war and is also gifted with powers as you, you are King and he must obey your command and use his power to protect thy throne. I will heed to your words carefully... I will return Annabelle, to you and our child before it's birth. Then we shall wait, your child and I for your straightway return.