Chapter I

************************************

Karma

Things were always so different for me. I didn't live the usual life of the rest of my pack members. I never did the same daily activities as everyone else unless I was invited to do so. I was an outsider to everyone around me including my family.

That wasn't what hurt me the most though, what did was the hatred I felt towards myself every living day I spent being every ones punching bag. I lived for the day when I would be able to stand up and be ready to fight the ones that hurt me the most.

Then after I've had these thoughts the dream would come to haunt me while I slept during the night.

I would start off running in my wolf form through a trail deep in the woods of Lockheed. This is how I know that I'm dreaming because I have yet to shift into my wolf. While I'm running I'm searching for something or someone constantly looking in every direction around me. I'm angry and my heart is pounding in my chest and it's like my vision is nothing but red.

I just keep running and running frantically as if racing against the clock. After a short period I hear the crashing of water against the rocks up ahead and I push myself to run faster, to run harder.

That's when I suddenly stop right at the bank of a river and everything goes silent. I'm standing at the edge of the water and I take the moment to glance down and I don't see what I expect. I expect to see my wolf for the first time and instead I see a bruised broken girl staring back at me.

I reach up to touched the bruised cheek and so does the girl in the water. I open my mouth and so does she. It takes me a moment to realize that this person is me.

My eyes soon begin to water and my chest feels as though it's going to burst. I claw at my shirt desperately gasping for air. Tears rapidly stream down my face and I fall to the grown and bring my knees to my chest trying to hold myself together. I can't understand why this has to happen to me what have I done wrong what have I done to deserve this. After I've calmed down I gather myself off the ground and lean over the edge of the water again.

I look at this person and reach out to touch the water and before I could reach it I hear my name. Karma. I stand up quickly and I cautiously look around to see where the sound came from. I know that it was my name being called because I hear it clear as day. Karma. I slowly turned towards the other end of the river and that's when I see her, this beautiful strange woman I've never seen before.

When my eyes land on the figure across the water I stare at her in awe. She is wearing a long flowy white dress and a simple flower crown around her head. Her skin looks as smooth as silk and her hair looks long and full. Her lips are the softest shade of pink and her lips are the deepest shade of green. Then the mysterious woman would speak.

She would tell me how I was special and great things were to come to me. She tells me not to lose my courage and good will against the people who have hurt me or tested my true character. Lastly she would speak the strangest words of all.

Lascia il potere consuma la tua anima.

After she speaks these words she gives me a faint smile and slowly bows towards me. The whole time I'm too much in shock to realize what she's doing and in a second she's gone.

I would wake up the next morning with no surprise that I had the dream about the mysterious woman but that didn't mean I would stop searching for answers.

************************************

I walked down the pathway towards my house as slowly as possible to savor as much time as I could to myself. Today I was out doing my daily work for my mother and father. To say I enjoyed doing these things would be furthest from the truth.