The Last Chapter of The Island of the Blue Dolphins

Chapter 30

It has been two months since I had left the island and had arrived at Santa Barbra and I had met a nice man named Father Gonzales who is showing me around Santa Barbra and has let me live with him in his home. I had been very lonely because I hadn't known anyone since everyone from the island had been dead except for Kimki. I had been walking around town with Rontu-aru and everyone had been starring at my skirt like i was popular but i would make a skirt like mine for anyone but me. When i was walking i had seen Kimki i know that i had remember him but he hadn't remembered me. Just then he remembered who i was since i was on the island with him. He was very surprised that i had made weapons,clothes,a house,made friends with two dogs, and had survived on the island for eight-teen years! Then Rontu-aru had ran off and i was chasing him threw the city until i had caught with another dog not just any dog a stray dog and a girl dog and i had let them play, then it had started to rain so i took them both back to Father Gonzales' place.

When we got back to the church i had noticed that Laurai my bird had died from disease. Luckily Tainor hadn't died but i was sure that he was going to die too from catching his disease. Also Rontu-aru had been licking the other dog and i noticed that she had been pregnant all this time which means she'll have a baby, Rontu-aru will be a father, and i have to give her a name! Just then i had thought of it, Laurai since she was just like her, very quiet and big.

It had been one month and Laurai had had twins! I had named them Rollo since i really like the name and Tutok since she didn't know how to speak like her and she's very friendly. It had been a good life Rontu-aru is a father, I've made to Santa Barbra when everyone from the island was dead from the sinking ship, i've missed Rontu, my family and friends, and most of all the island. The Island of the Blue Dolphins will always be my home and i've survived being on the island for eight-teen years. I've made it!