Opposites Attract

Opposites Attract

1

“Here’s to girl’s night out!” Lucy screeched, as she tossed up her fruit cocktail, spilling all it over herself. Trinity rolled her eyes, she knew how night would go, same old guys smoking and drinking begging for a night, and then hauling Lucy back home, passed out, and sick as a dog. Stupid break ups; but because Lucy was her best friend since the second grade she would endure tonight. Sitting at the booth she surveyed the crowd, same old same old. Why did she agree to move here with Lucy? Oh yes that’s right, because Lucy paid for half her college tuition and was the best friend any girl could have. Sucking down the rest of her dry martini, she turned to Lucy and said she was going to buy another. “Trinity, I wanna danceeeeeeeeee!”Lucy sang, her cheeks all blushed, and she got up, and strolled off to the dance floor. Well, at least alcohol doesn’t affect her model strut, Trinity thought shaking her head.

Hobbling over to the bartender, she caught gaze of a very, very, handsome man. Jet black hair and huge big brown eyes, that sent a chill down her spine. Hello Mr. delicious! The white V-neck he had on sculpted his chest and shoulders, hugging to each curve and taught muscle. Black ink spilled from the bottom of the sleeve that cut into his biceps; something about boys with tattoos; more please? Dark jeans hung on his hips, the bottoms were ripped, and at the knees the fabric was faded. Just imagine what those faded dark jeans would look like on the floor… Snap out of it! You whore. No, you will not be a ditzy dumb cheerleader, falling for the first cowboy that has taken your breath away. Now, order you drink and get back to Luce, simple and quick.

Jack had just come back from his two month stay at his winery and cheese ranch in California, and finally he was back in his home town Louisiana. Cigar smoke filled his nose, the sound of good old George Straight in his ears, and the burn of whiskey felt just right has he drowned down his first glass. He knew everyone and everything, same old girls, same old friends. This was his constant, his norm, his anchor. He gave Skip, the owner and bar tender at this joint, a quick synopsis of his trip; until a girl with raven black and piercing gray eyes took his voice away. Stunned by her beauty and movements he was in disbelief.

Her lips were plump and luscious, a deep pink, curving into a bow. High cheek bones with a light blush formed against her fair skin. Those huge gray eyes poured into Jack’s, an enigmatic smile spread across her face. Little white teeth cut into her bottom lip, and he knew he had to have her. Trinity broke the stare and turned to Skip to order her drink. Jack shifted on his barstool so he could get a better look at this new girl who had him reeling. She wore vibrant strappy pink heels that had to be at least six inches, her toes were painted pink too, her legs were taught and in shape. The jean short skirt she wore earned a double take from every boy in the room. But it was the white tank top that had the boys drooling. Huge full breast curving and bouncing, with deep cleavage; honey colored and bronzed by the sun. Novices, they should know this girl is nothing but a southern bell looking for a rich husband to take care of her. This girl I bet didn’t go to college and works as a waitress or a yoga instructor at the look of her toned body.

Trinity was just about to order her dry martini until the hotty with a body interrupted her, “Lemme guess sweetheart, ya gunna order a fruity little cocktail? Ain’t you, darling? With a nice little fruity umbrella?” Trinity lurched, totally rocked by what he just said; her mouth right about to fall open in astonishment. But instead, her inner Goddess took over, cocking her head at the bartender she ordered, “One rusty nail, please,” then she sat down on the bar stool, giving a bright smile and wink at Jack. Jack smirked back, “well, that was a surprise.”

 “What can I say? I’m a lot like a box of chocolates,” Trinity winked at him again giving him one of her award winning smiles. Her gray eyes were aglow, shining in that dim light, like storm clouds raging over vast fields. “What other little surprises are you hiding?” Jack whispered, taking another sip of his whiskey. Oh he likes Trinity, intriguing little vixen, what next move will she make?