Back Fulls and Worlds Bows

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AGAIN!" Coach Courtney yells.

"It's. So. Hot. Can we please get water first??" Asks my best friend Abbi.

"No. Full out again. Make it perfect, THEN you get a water break." She says simply. Abbi knows there is no more point in arguing, so we both head to our opening positions.

"MAKE IT PERFECT BITCHES, I NEED WATER!" She screams.

The familiar sound of our cheer mix blasts off with a VoiceOver.

"WITH THE X EVOLUTION!"

And we're off.

I land with my feet weird on my tuck, causing my to stumble and for coach Kelly to scream, "TIGHT, KING!" I flash a smile at the invisible judges and head to my first stunt. I'm a flyer, but if you don't speak cheer, I'm the one that's always lifted. I clasp my hands together, grasp Taylor and Alyssa's(my bases) shoulders and push off spinning into extension. Payton, my back spot, screams, "LOCK!" To me. I lockout my knee and pull my needle. Letting go with one hand, I slide into a scale, sticking my left hand through the middle of it, and wiggling my fingers as if to show off a ring. We quickly full down, j out, and walk briskly to our spots for the tumbling pass. On 3, I go for the round off backhandspring full. At the end, my head whips up and I clean and head to the corner of the mat. Soon after, I'm being shoved out to my basket toss group. We hit the kick full and transition to dance. Easy. Then I realize we're heading to the death trap. Pyramid. It's not that I'm bad at it, but I have the biggest mental block against pulling a front layout and landing into my usual group. I'm popped up to elevator and soon enough, I'm in the safe arms of Alyssa, Payton, and Taylor. I'm bumped back up, hit hitch, and the music stops. We bump down, and I run to my bag. It's the biggest bag ever. I bought it from infinity and it holds EVERYTHING. I take out my goldfish and water and chow down. My face is bright red, and sweat is beading on my forehead. Due to my pale skin, apparently it's the team's job to tell me. Over and over.

"Hey, Mandy, can I borrow a head band and tape? My bangs are being annoying and I screwed up my ankle on the basket toss dismount. "

Like I said, my bag holds EVERYTHING.

"Sure." I say tired. Once Ali has everything she needs, it's time to hit the mat again.

"Get in lines for tumbling girls."

Yesssss. I love tumbling. It's one of my favorite parts of practice. We just throw stuff. It's our time to talk and let go of negative energy. Speaking of which, I have to talk to Abbi.