one

"Quinn, c'mon. You never come to parties with me. Do you really want to graduate knowing you never went to a high school party?" Leah groaned. "Yes, I do." I smiled laying on my bed. "Why are we friends again?" Leah said sarcastically. "Because you love me." I said. "Best friends don't let best friends graduate high school without going to a high school party. You're coming." she said grabbing my hands and pulling me off of my bed. "Fine." I groaned as I followed her into my closet. Leah concentrated on all the clothes in my closet before grabbing a pair of light wash shorts and a white crop top and throwing them at me. "Now hurry up and change so that I can do your hair." she said. I changed and then brushed through my long brown hair before sitting down at my vanity and letting Leah put some loose curls in my hair.

"Do your makeup while I change." she insisted walking into my closet and changing into a black string tank top and dark shorts. I put on my usual eyeliner and mascara before grabbing my converse and putting them on. "Don't look so mad." Leah said as she grabbed a pair of black flip flops. "This is my normal face." I laughed causing her to roll her eyes. "Ryan's here, let's go." she said. We went outside and got into our friend Ryan's car. His brother Cody was driving. "He's our designated driver." Ryan shrugged as we climbed into the back of his jeep. I didn't even know whose party we were going to but I decided not to ask. After like ten minutes we pulled up to a big brown house. It looked like a normal high school house party you would see in a movie. You could hear the music from all the way down the road and there were cars parked all over the front lawn. We got out of the car and I stopped to look at the house. I was really curious as to who lived here. "Quinn, you coming?" Ryan asked. "Yeah." I nodded following him and Leah into the house.

As soon as we went inside it was crowded. There were sweaty drunk teenagers everywhere. Leah handed me a red cup with an unknown substance in it and smiled at me. I smelled it and cringed. It smells gross. I never got pleasure out of drinking so much I would throw up the next morning and I thought that it tasted nasty. Leah was grinning at me like an idiot waiting for me to drink whatever was in the cup. I put it up to my lips and drank a little bit of it. It burned my throat on the way down and I scrunched my nose. "Do you like it?" she laughed. "Yep. It's really good!" I lied. She smiled and went back into the kitchen and I hurriedly dumped the rest of it into one of the empty cups sitting on the table beside me. She came back and handed me a different drink and told me to try it. I really had no interest in drinking but I drank it anyway. This one was even worse than the first one and as soon as she wasn't looking I dumped it again.

"Let's go find Ryan." she said. I followed behind her and we ended up outside. They had a huge pool and there were lots of drunken teenagers swimming and standing outside. Ryan was talking to a red head but Leah interrupted them anyways. "Hi Ry!" she giggled putting her arm around his shoulder. I could tell she had drank a lot because she was slurring almost all of her words. The red head walked away and Ryan groaned as I came up to him. "Leah, I was into that girl and you made her leave." he sighed. "Sorry, Ry!" she slurred before taking another drink of whatever was in her cup. "I need another drink! Let's go back to the kitchen." Leah insisted. Ryan helped her back into the house and I decided to try and find a bathroom. I went upstairs and opened a couple of the doors. I walked in on a couple making out and then two empty bedrooms.

The next door I opened was the bathroom. I went inside and closed the door before looking into the mirror. I was really out of my element. Most of the time I spent my weekends with my bed and Netflix. I sighed before walking out of the bathroom. As I walked out I ran into someone and they knocked me onto my butt. I groaned as I fixed my hair and looked up. A tall brunette guy was staring down at me. "You should watch where you're going." he said. "You ran into me." I said standing up. Once I stood up I realized who it was. It was the schools "bad boy", Cameron Dallas. He was always in some kind of trouble or in bed with one of the cheerleaders. He smirked at me once he noticed I was staring at him. "I know I'm attractive, but there's no need to stare." he smirked. "Cocky much?" I laughed. "Bitchy much?" he said. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I don't like you. I'm walking away from this conversation." He smirked at me and said, "you go to my school don't you?"

"Depends. Where do you go?" I asked uninterested. I did go to the same school as him and I was shocked he knew that. He was considered popular at our school while I on the other hand was considered nerdy. "I go to Easton high school and I'm pretty sure you're in my English class." he said. "Maybe I am." I shrugged and walked downstairs. I didn't really want to be at the party anymore but I figured Ryan and Leah wouldn't want to leave yet so I called Cody. He said he would be there in ten minutes to get me so I went outside and waited for him to pull up. I got into the car and he sped down the road. "How was the party?" he asked. "It was fun." I said sarcastically as I looked out the window. "Not the party type?" he asked before turning onto my road. "Not at all." I said. He pulled into my driveway and I thanked him for the ride before going into my house.

I knew Leah would probably be upset that I didn't stay and leave with them but I just wasn't the type of person who enjoyed getting drunk at a party with a whole bunch of strangers. I mean technically they weren't strangers considering I've gone to school with most of them for as long as I can remember but I haven't had more than a five minute conversation with over half of them. I changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt before climbing into my bed and falling asleep. I only ended up sleeping for a couple hours before I heard someone downstairs making a lot of noise. I groaned before climbing out of bed and going downstairs to see who it was. I turned on the lights and Leah was standing beside my fridge eating a piece of bread. "Hey, Quinny. When did you get home?" she giggled. "Where's Ryan?" I asked as I walked towards her. "Right here." he said walking into the kitchen. "Sorry I told her to stay on the couch and be quiet while I went to the bathroom." he said.

My mom always worked long hours and traveled so she wasn't home that much and my brother and sister were away at college so it wasn't a big deal. "How was the party?" I asked as I jumped up onto the kitchen counter. "So much fun! I made a new friend!" Leah giggled. I rolled my eyes before I handed her a bottle of water. "I found her on the couch making out with some guy." Ryan said. "She really needs to stop going out so much. I feel bad." I sighed as I watched her lay down on my couch. "You can't really blame her though. If my mom died in a car accident and my dad became a drunk I would probably do the same thing." Ryan said. "I know, I just wish she would take better care of herself."

He nodded in agreement before we shut the kitchen lights off and gave Leah a blanket. "Goodnight Quinny, I love you." she smiled as I covered her with the blanket. "I love you too Leah." I said. She smiled and drifted to sleep. I sighed before shutting the lights off and following Ryan up to my room. I had a couch in my room and when Ryan would stay the night he would sleep on it while Leah and I slept in my bed, but she was passed out on the couch tonight. I climbed back into my bed and covered myself up while Ryan changed and then shut the lights off before he grabbed a blanket and pillow and climbed onto the couch.