Cosima Delacourt

Moans filled the last room on the left. The bed squeaked and thumped against the wall loudly as the man and woman were fucking wildly. Heavy breathes consumed the woman as she was taken from behind. He was grunting in satisfaction as he pulled her long black hair and flipped them over to where she was riding him. She giggles at his enthusiasm. He grunted again as his grip tightened on her body.

The last room was dimly lit with flickering scented candles that consumed the the room, and most of the hallway, with the scent of lavender and honey that seemed to get men more aroused than they already were. It was a large room that looked as if it belonged to royalty. The woman who occupied this room was treated as such. She could have anything or anyone she wanted.

This fashion continued until the man let out a final groan and the elaborate alarm made a "click" sound twelve times on the end table next to the bed. The woman slowed her pace and let out a light laugh as she tried to catch her breath. The man sat up and continued to leave a trail of kisses down her neck and seemed to be enjoying himself but she pulled him by the hair and patted him on the cheek.

"Time's up," she said in breathless voice. Her body was covered in a sheet of sweat and her raven colored hair stuck to her copper toned skin. She pushed him away from her body and made her way off the bed.

"Oh, come on Cosima," he said equally breathless. "Just a little bit more time?"

Cosima laughed and walked behind the folding screen, swaying her hips the whole time, and wiped herself clean with a damp towel. Cosima found her locket and placed it around her thin neck, letting the cool metal sooth the nerves boiling in her stomach. She then put on a thin see through cotton nightgown that still showed a lot of her body. That was rule number one of Madam Zara's Pleasure Society Brothel. You always show skin when in the company of a client.

Peeking her head from behind the screen she said lightly, "You know that would cost you extra, Sir". Cosima silently prayed to the Gods that he wouldn't have enough to pay for more time. Not like the last time. Cosima shuddered at the thought. That night seemed to drag on and on and she still remembers the feel of his rough hands on her skin...

Officer Paul Mason had got a raise in his paycheck for catching the so-called witch of the southern sun isles. Then he had enough to pay for two extra hours and made good on his promise. She hoped that was not the case today.

"You're right as always," he sighed, Cosima laughed fully at this and let out a sigh of relief. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Gods really do exist.

The girl sauntered out from behind the screen with her hair and hips swaying as she walked to the vanity across from her bed where Officer Mason was putting on his uniform. She watched him with worrisome eyes as she slowly brushed the knots that he caused out of her hair.

That bastard is always pulling hair. She thought to herself as she rolled her eyes.

She always watched them as they got dressed, man or woman. This was something her father had taught her when she was young: you never take your eye off your enemy. Even if they look weak and defenseless, you never take your eye off them. This piece of advice severed her well in this profession. They were very close before the accident...

"Cosima, my proposal still stands," the Officer said as he brought the money over to the vanity and sets the slips of pouch of coins next to her perfume. He moved the hair off her shoulder and kissed the sweet spot on her neck and brought his hands up around her and caressed her supple breast in a weak attempt to convince her. Cosima rolled her eyes again, clearly annoyed. This isn't the first time he proposed to her. He claimed his love for her three times before, saying "they were destined to be together" and "every time they made love it was something special". And each time she politely said no but the more he asked the more she started to lose her patience.

She roughly removed his hands from her body and continued to brush her hair until it was smooth. "You, Sir, are vexing me. Please leave," Cosima said unemotionally.

Taken aback he said, "Cosima... what we just did was special. We, we made love..."

"Made love!" she exclaimed, turning sharply to stare him in the eyes. She broken rule number two: never show a client disrespect. She could practically hear her Madam chastising her for her transgression. "What we did back there was not love. It was just pointless fucking. You needed release and I need the money, that it. You are nothing but another client to me. Now leave before i really get upset."

Then Officer Paul Mason did something he should not have done. He grabbed her by her hair and dragged her to her feet, turning her to face him. Paul then grabbed her by her neck and squeezed, cutting off her air supply. "How dare you talk to me like that you whore!" he yelled in her face. He easily towered over her. Then he felt something under his hand. Looking down he realized it was the gold locket with some words engraved in another language. This artifact enraged him even farther. Paul snatched it off her neck and held it in front of her face.

"What is this? A gift from one of your other lovers," he spat the question at her and slapped her with the back of his hand, sending her to the floor clutching her cheek. He then throw the locket at her and looked at her in distaste. "If I can't have you I'll make sure no one else will ever want you again!"

Coughing, she crawled backwards towards her bed but he grabbed her by the foot and dragged he back to him. Then he kicked her repeatedly in the side with his large foot. Screaming in pain, Cosima curled up in a sort of way to protect herself. Paul began to reach for his pants and started to take them off and started to advance on her. Cosima took a chance and kicked her leg out and hit him in his manly area. While he was distracted with the pain, she quickly crawled toward to edge of her bed frame were she kept her bass knuckles hidden. Leaping up, ignoring the awful pain in her side, she got into a fighting stance she learned from her father. Cosima advanced first, hitting him in the ribs before punching him in the jaw hard enough to hear a sickening yet satisfying crack. She ducked under his right hook and uppercutted him in the jaw. Then she brought his head down and kneed him in the nose getting a little blood on her night gown. After that she grabbed him by the collar and throw him out her her room, the last room on the left, and lock the door.

~~~~~

Officer Paul Mason walked down the the winding staircase of Madam Zara's Pleasure Society Brothel groaning in pain. Moans could be heard from the other rooms and laughter could be heard from downstairs in the parlor. He was sporting bruises and cuts on his face and body. Blood was also gushing out of his nose that was currently broken. His jaw was on fire as he tried to keep what ever pride he had left. He quietly walked out of the brothel hoping no one saw him in this state. No one did, seeing as they all were either preoccupied or drunk. Paul limped out onto the pavement towards the Tavern across the street.

Cosima stared at her reflection in the mirror as the hand marks started to form on her neck with tears in her eyes. In her hands was the broken locket the her mother had given her. It was the last thing her mother had given her before she died of childbirth, along with the baby. She sat there for what seemed like hours and cried.