Greatest Wish

It's no secret that Rosalie Hale wants a child of her own. 

The moment that she was bitten by Carlisle on that horrifying night, her dreams were torn away from her and it still hurt almost as much as the change did.

No one quite knew how Rosalie was able to conceive but it seems that it was nothing short of a miracle.

-----

Rosalie and Emmett were going at it like rabbits, like usual. It was nothing new to the rest of the Cullen family that Rosalie and Emmett's sex life was nothing but quiet or discreet.

Nobody knew that from this night on, the lives of the Cullen family would drastically change.

-----

A few weeks later, Rosalie and Alice were out shopping at the mall in Seattle.

Rosalie was trying on a pair of jeans that were worth a very pretty penny when she found something odd. The pants couldn't button.

It was then that Rosalie took notice that her stomach was no longer flat like it had been for the past eighty years.

"Rose what's taking-" Alice complained, barging into her dressing room.

"The pants don't fit Alice." Rosalie whispered, her mind going a million miles a minute.

"What do you mean? Did I get the wrong size?" The smaller vampire questioned.

"Look." Rosalie spoke and turned so the roundness of her stomach was more noticeable.

"I think we should talk to Carlisle about this."

"I agree." The blonde spoke softly and placed her hand tenderly on the bump. Could this be really what she thinks it means? Was it even possible?

-----

"Well I never expected this." Carlisle spoke after a few moments.

Rosalie was laying down in Carlisle's office after he had gotten home from a shift at the hospital. He had an ultrasound wand on her stomach and stared in disbelief at the monitor.

"You're pregnant. Congratulations." He confirmed and turned off the machine. Rosalie was just laying there in shock. Was this some kind of prank or hoax?

She was suddenly grateful that Edward had decided to take Emmett and Jasper out hunting for a little bonding trip. She had no idea what she was going to tell Emmett. There was no doubt in her mind that it was his.

"I want to keep a close eye on you, Rose. If you feel that anything is wrong or off, tell me immediately. I've never seen this happen in all of my years and I want to see how things turn out." Carlisle instructed his daughter.

"Okay." She croaked out after a few moments. She was still having trouble processing this.

"It'll be okay." Carlisle said and put his hand on Rosalie's shoulder as a comforting gesture.

-----

Rosalie anxiously waited in the room that Emmett and she shared. Alice told her that the boys would be back soon and she still couldn't quite wrap her mind out the fact that she and Emmett had conceived a miracle.

"Hey baby!" Emmett boomed as he walked inside of their bedroom. His demeanor quickly turned to concern as he noticed how his wife was acting.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting on the bed next to her.

"Nothing's wrong. It's perfect." She smiled.

"Rose? You're kind of scaring me."

"I'm pregnant." She whispered as venom filled her eyes as tears that could never fall.