Chapter 1

Snow falling from the sky like it's raining soft, white cotton. Why does it snow? There will always be an icy cold incident happening during winter. Good or Bad? Let it decide... When I was younger, I've never touched snow before. The first time when I touched snow was also the last time I touched it. To me, snow looks an innocent and harmless creature, falling down in silent. It made me even more afraid of it after that snowy incident. I was seven at that time when it happened...

[ In London for a vacation ] "Christine, where are you!" "I'm going out for a walk. I'll be back so don't worry mum." "Wear some thick clothes before you go out. I think it's about to snow." 'It's about to snow! This is the best chance to see it snow. If I missed this chance, I don't know how long will I be able to see it again.' I thought to myself. My eyes were beaming with excitement, as I stepped out of the door. I felt like I've just entered a new dimension. A cold breeze blew against me. My eyes were focused on it like it was my target.

"BANG"

I slightly opened my eyes and found myself lying down on a pile of red snow. 'Why is the snow red?' I kept asking myself that question again and again. 'Red was slowly covering around the white snow. 'Could it be blood? But whose?' I could feel stings of pain all over my body. Shock from the sight, I closed my eyes, thinking it was a dream.

Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself lying on a bed. 'So it was a dream.' I thought to myself. It took me seconds to realise that I wasn't at home, but in the hospital. It's seems that the situation was clear to be that I had been hit by a car filled with stolen goods. The robbers was running away from the police and accidentally crashed into me. Fortunately for the rubber, he escaped unharmed without being captured. I had to stay in London for some time or maybe forever. My body was too weak for me to handle. My body will keep collasping constanly. I couldn't control it. It feels like my body and my sole are not connected. Sometimes, I had to skip school and stay in bed, in the hospital. All I could do is study or sleep in there. It has been 8 years since it happened. This year is my high school is the beginning of my high school life, which means the ending for me. My time is running out. The doctor told my parents that my chances of surviving is less than 40% at the age of 15 and above. But at the age of 15, that was the beginning of my story...