Chapter 1 | "Punks"

"Hurry up and pack those too!" Hyejin's father urged her.

Hyejin gave out a groan and stretched her back out.

"I don't see why we have to move everytime you lose your job, there are other places you can work at" she said as she packed the family photos into a box.

"Because if I stayed my ex coworkers would look down on me", he stopped to look up at Hyejin, her face judging him, "...and you wouldn't get to travel around or go to that fancy highschool you're going to attend. Aren't you excited?!"

Hyejin looked down and picked up the picture of when she was younger, when she was happy, when her family was stable...when her father wasn't getting chased by loan sharks.
Looking back up at her father she sighed, she knew he worked hard finding a job and pulling strings to find her a good school.

"Yeah Dad I can't wait," she said with an almost fake smile.

"See that's what I want to hear," he said smiling back up at her,"now finish packing those two boxes up and we're ready to go."

After her family were all settled in the car Hyejin took out her phone and texted her boyfriend.

"I'm officially leaving, I'm going to miss you ♡" - Text sent 11:24am

Hyejin debated over whether the heart was too much, but put it anyway. She turned her head towards the glass of the car seeing all the shops she only got to know for a few months being pushed behind her. Then looked over to see her parents talking about the directions and her younger brother, Siwoo, sleeping on one of the boxes that held his sport supplies.
 "Well it might not be that bad, Hyejin thought, it could actually be fi-"
Her phone buzzed on her lap. Quickly swiping the lock screen she read her boyfriend's text.

"I'm going to miss you too, don't forget about me ;)" - Text received 11:27

Sighing Hyejin stared out the window again. Her eyelids feeling heavy from not getting sleep the previous night due to packing all her belongings. Then everything went black.

"Hey get up! Come on!," a voice urged her.

Hyejin slowly looked up at Siwoo who had a frown on his face.

"We just arrived at our new apartment. Come on, I'm not gonna unload everything myself!"

Hyejin looked outside to see the tall building and all the little shops beside it. Slowly getting up she got out of the car and started taking boxes inside her new "home."

-1 HOUR LATER-

"That's the last one," Hyejin said as she handed the box to her Dad.

In return he handed her money.

"We're all tired, go buy some soda from the convenience store around the corner okay?" Her father told her.

"Sure but if i get lost its on you," Hyejin replied with a playful smile then walked off towards the corner of the street.

After 5 minutes of walking Hyejin heard some people yelling around the corner she was nearing.

"AISH GET BACK OVER HERE YOU PUNKS."

"RUNN!" Yelled another voice.

Hyejin stopped right in her tracks as she saw a red haired guy, a black haired guy, and a brown haired guy running towards her just as she turned the corner. Just as surprised as she was the red haired guy dropped his soda all over her.

"Oh shit, sorry." He said as he bumped into her causing her to fall on her butt. He held his hand out to Hyejin which she cautiously took. As he pulled her up another guy yelled at him.

"Yah! Hurry up Jimin!" The black haired one yelled.

"Hey! Your supposed to use honorifics with me you punk", Jimin yelled right back.

"HEY YOU! WITH THE HOT CHEETO HAIR! STOP RIGHT THERE!"

Hyejin saw a middle age man jogging up to her and Jimin with a broom in his hand and a scowl on his face.

"Ugh, crap", Jimin muttered. He looked back at Hyejin with a smile,"gotta go sorry about your shirt."

And then he sped off trailing after the two other guys.

Hyejin looked down at her shirt splattered with a brown looking substance. "Well that could have been worse", Hyejin thought. She continued walking up to the store where she met with the middle age man trying to catch his breath.

"Ya! You know those punks?" He said motioning behind him.

"Uh no sorry." Hyejin said as she walked into the small store. "And I don't plan on too either."

Little did she know those "punks" were going to change her life.